[DIY] Gaming Clan

DuTcH

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so at the bottom of that clan page, it says "Set your clan nickname:". Is that the nickname that i will be seen as by other clanmates and different than my nickname within the xfire program itself? So basically, a nickname that is exclusively seen only by clanners?

Im going with a local (to me) company ive dealt with before they can do a stripped version with no extras (eg emails and crap) for £97 per quarter which is incredibly cheap although that will be on top of the 30 quid i already pay but we can figure something out.

Your right it would be cheaper to have some one do the whole thing, but it wouldn't be ours, we wouldn't have as much control or variety in what we can do with it

@ellisD

yes thats just the way the clan will see you doesn't change previous nicknames which is why more of you guys could be using the [DFI] tag

Tried the American server.... got about 138ms.. playable but not competitive

Looking forward to the UK version.

Come on all. Pay pal DutcH pounds or dollars, help get this show on the road.

Or check your assorted box of bits and post him your spare RAM

LP

that is the problem

you guys would have great ping there, but the US ping would suck

That is why we need people in different parts of the countries running a server for us to play in. I would offer up what I have, but I was just told by current clan that I have to run a server that they can't get banned in (long story)

what else is there for it? I played the 138ms server and it was OK.. all i meant was I wouldn't play a 100+ms server if it was a ranked comp or such. at 100 I'm happy to play but not for cash ;)

Surely one dedicated server is better than none, we can build on that? If the non-EU contingent don't see value in contributing to this build financially, we still have a starter for ten, which should be supported with positive ideas and set-up advice etc

getting back to the first post on this, on the orig BF2 thread.. it was a bad idea? now DuTcH has 30+ members and contributors that will make a go of something for all of us.

LP

We'll here's the thing.

Dutch will be hosting the UK (BF2 is it?) server.

I will be hosting the US CS:S server.

I guess we are just looking for people with insane connections to host. Though I'm just renting mine for US$70/month.

I routinely play on the UK servers with a ping between 130ms and 150ms. There are a couple of tricks you can throw in there to improve your ping, and several video setting adjustments that can help mitigate it. However, I really like the ideal of a stateside as well as European server so we have a choice as to where we go. I said it a while back in the original BF2 thread I started, the primary thing is making sure that we don't set the punkbuster ping kicker so low that anyone with a ping above 100 gets automatically kicked. We can deal with those special circumstances on a one-to-one basis.

Ive been giving some thought to the server and the clan, I mean no offence, but as i see it the clan has one server and thats the one we are setting up.

There's been a lot of offers and talk of other servers, sharing servers and the like, so much so I can't remember who's offered what,lol I undertook managing this clan and the DFI name all with travis- H_G consent, as such I have no authority to allow other servers to start up, you will have to ask Travis for permission (being DFI is a copyrighted trademark) the name of the forum and our beloved motherboard manufacturer.

Im not saying your offers are not appreciated or wanted because they are, but as regards using the names of the clan/DFI/this forum thats not up to me, also I cannot be accountable for these servers as i have no control over them, do you see what i'm trying to say, I could be caught in a nasty situation if we rush into starting up servers everywhere.

ok thats it rant over with, if i have upset anyone I do apologize, not intended, any debate or questions as usual are very welcome