Sign in to follow this  
DuTcH

[DIY] Gaming Clan

and then I could probably talk my bossman into giving me a mobo to give away every month during the weekend gaming this eh?

that would be the carrot on the stick to get more gamers to show up, and at the same time, it would also promote DFI motherboards and everyone likes free stuff...

I dont need any encouragement to game!! But hey if theres prizes, I might just raise my game a bit - lol

Yeah gotta agree tho an entire weekend would be good as I am sure the hardcore among us with no lives would be on 24/7 :D with every1 else drifting in and out when they can - plenty of variety in games for every one to choose from too, so should be someone playing the game that you want to when you want to hopefully.

r4z

i would show up prize or no prize :) great idea though.. saturday is generally my "get very very drunk till you cant walk no more" night, sunday nights then usually a bit of heavy gaming to sober up :D

I'm usually gaming Friday night through Sunday night. So a gaming weekend works out good for me too. And Xfire is cool because you can actually see the status of your friends online, and if they are playing BF2, CS:S, Silkroad or whatever you can join them right from Xfire. Very cool. 225Slant6 always seems to find me lurking around, and we have been having a blast in BF2.

Be online again tonight for anyone that wants to join.

Sparky, once you start a new thread with your problem put a link here and then we'll all come over and tag team the problem. I know it's not the BF2 servers because several of us are playing problem free, so it's got to be a problem with your ISP, router, modem, firewall, ports or possibly even a hardware issue. But we will get it solved.

for all of those of you with updates switched off in XFIRE and those with no xfire *(why NOT?) BF2 1.41 patch has been released today, (high pitched scream) wont these updates ever end!!!!

I can see myself posting about update 3000.1 when i'm like 80 odd, lol

but bf2 1.41 patch isnt mentioned on EA at all, very strange!?!

It is on the forum.

Anyway, d/l, installed and played - no discern able difference.

Apparently it is a server fix to stop some crashes, 500MB for a server patch? hmmmm.

r4z

500 flippin MB? These are such a pain in the butt. They take forever to download and screw up an entire night of gaming. That sucks butt.

I have GT legends, but still cant get game online...? Any advice on a PM welcome.. Id enjoy a leagiue if enough users...

BF2 v1.41... no real surprises there....

LP

500 flippin MB? These are such a pain in the butt. They take forever to download and screw up an entire night of gaming. That sucks butt.

yep 500mb sucks but it is the full patch rather than incremental lol,does anyone no a download site for the patch as xfire download speed is slow 26k per sec,grr

I'm just holding off on the patch until I can't physically get on anyones server. I played three different servers last night (I don't have the 1.41 patch), and didn't have any problems only at version 1.40. So for me it's hold off until its no longer an option.

Back on the subject of servers, when we get our BF2 server up and running, I'd like to propose that one of our server rules is no spawn base camping. One of the servers I played on last night had the opposing team station 2-3 players at each spawn point, and you couldn't get three steps without getting your butt blown off. Needless to say I was thoroughly pissed off.