Guest RandallTank
Just wishing everyone a happy new beer....uhhh...new year. Yeah....new year

more like yea :beer :beer :beer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

updated the first post of this thread as well as made a new one with this new information...

by the way, EVERYONE should thank dr_bowtie for snagging this 20-slot server for one year with his own cash.

It works, and it works like a charm, so THANK YOU dr_bowtie ya bastard.

As he said, be on the uppity-up on this server as we don't tolerate tomfoolery on it anymore than we do here...

VENTRILO SERVER INFORMATION

Server: Diy-Street

Hostname: 216.139.210.154

Port Number: 4512

You don't need a mic + Vent, but really...you'll be the only odd person out that won't be using it which means you'll have to type in the game which means you probably won't have as much fun or get as much info etc.

HAMACHI GAMING NETWORK INFORMATION

Hamachi

Network Name: Angry_Games

Network Pass: games

UDP-TDP Ports: 32804

Once you've installed Hamachi, go into Network Connections - Advanced - Advanced Settings and make sure you move the Hamachi adapter to the top of the list (some games will use the LAN IP of the first available adapter, so you want Hamachi to be the first).

Once you are on the network, hit the Configure Hamachi button, then choose preferences, then under Detailed Configuration (in the middle), put a check box next to TCP and UDP ports and set them for 32804. Port-forward your router/firewall accordingly for Port 32804 for both TCP and UDP.

Next, remember that when hosting a game, other players will need to connect to your Hamachi IP address if they don't see the game automatically (as if they were on your LAN next to you...some games like RS Vegas and others will see all LAN games hosted, some, like Sins of a Solar Empire, you'll have to manually input the IP of the game you want to connect to).

To do this, make sure you know the Network's IP address: 5.11.237.165

You shouldn't need to do anything more than this. If you do, just ask here. I'm adding this to the first post for everyone.

Or you can use the DIY FlashChat found here;

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Thanks Doc. Thanks AG.

Maybe this is just the shot in the arm we need for the gaming clan, which frankly has been pretty dead lately. DuTcH has seemingly dropped off the face of the planet, and I've been busy as heck trying to get this plant sold and find me another job closer to home.

ok so here's the list of games that DIY'ers are currently playing:

1. Sins of a Solar Empire (v1.02) - this game will steal your life away. Be careful. It's the most popular game we are playing at the moment.

2. Freelancer + Discovery mod 4.84 - Deamon and I...we have played this game until our testicles were bloody...it's hard to play anymore, but we love wevsspot so we'll play it, and besides, it's easy, plays VERY WELL over the net, etc.

3. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - one of the best tutorials & single-player campaigns ever in an RTS. SPACE CHURCH with lots of cheese but that's what makes the game so xxxxing good! Patch to 1.51 and let's kill some heretics!

Guest Joalaielna

anyone playing COD4?

I'm hooked on hardcore mode. If you don't like COD4 play hardcore mode. :D

Thats what I did...Got the game...played on a server...HATED IT! Played again, on a hardcore server...and it suddenly became one of the greatest shooters.

Anyway...look me up on xfire, Donutman517...I think i'm still on the diy clan xfire though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I've decided I want to do a guild on WoW with members of DIY-street only. The character I'm going to use is a 20 hunter and the server is illidan, I plan on having a vent for the guild and any other stuff you guys wanna have. any questions comments ideas?