[DIY] Gaming Clan

DuTcH

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you thinking of Reality Mod. .025 for Joint Operations?

Or BF2 Project Reality

(What I was referring too. LOL)

If you were referring to BF2PR then you will be pleased to know they have added some smaller maps (Street)....A little more run and gun, very fast paced...

I was also wondering if you guys play the Insurgency Mod for HL2 ?

PR looks like a cool mod

Lurking :)

You can find us on TS, xFire or the DIY-Voice chat.

If you really want to hang out, check the game clock on our xFire home page and see what game is getting the most hours, and if it's something that interests you, you might consider getting it.

The major thing that sucks with xFire is that all of the newer versions have automatic updates that you can't disable. And whenever the darn application does an update it overwrites your existing config files. For a lot of us that is a pain in the arse because we run custom screen resolutions to support wide screen. I know that is a particular gripe of mine with xFire.

The old version allowed you to disable auto updates so you didn't lose any custom resolutions you had set for launching the game.

I see in the games tab of the options menu there is a manual setup (XFire v. 1.84) for the game titles. Can't you set that to point to a shortcut already using all the necessary parameters? I'd be curious to see if an auto-update points it to the original game exe or keeps it at the modified shortcut...

I'd like to get in on the voice options as well, how would I go about setting that up?

i.e. TeamSpeak address, or whats this DIY-Voice-Chat-thingy?

i.e. TeamSpeak address, or whats this DIY-Voice-Chat-thingy?

just open up TS

Click "connect"

right click on "servers" and select "add server"

left click on "new server" and you will see fields that need to be populated

give the server a labeled name so you can easily identify it..... me I just used DIY Gaming Clan Server as the server name

then go down to the "server address" field and copy/paste the server name that IM provided. it is "ilove.team-cf.net:8768" without the quotation marks of course.

choose a nickname for yourself or allow the server to assign you a nickname

and i also elected to sign on as anonymous (but may work with registered also) just haven't tried it that way.

However, I haven't been able to get on IM's server for a few days now, so I don't know whether he has taken it offline, or is done hosting for us.

An alternative is to just hook up on the DIY-Street TS server, the address for it is;

216.86.152.226:8890

Or you can use the DIY FlashChat found here;

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/chat/flashchat.php

IM said he was waiting for a server board, so that might explain his TS connectivity issues.

Thanks for the instructions Wev, could those be put on the first post perhaps?

Great idea! and done.

Didn't know that IM's server was down due to hardware failure. Thanks for the update.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...