Sign in to follow this  
capncrazy68

Low Memory usage, High CPU usage

Try this..

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html and see what take procesor time.

I use to have this problem after plaing World of warcraft when sound was on (System Idle Proces)->Defferend Procedure Call was takig 20-30% procesor time even after closing WoW with no programs runing. After update nvidia sound driver 6.86 ( only sound drivers) evereting go back to norm.

I'll have to give those drivers a try. I also noticed I am having some problem with sound but only when playing Multiplayer FSX in direct LAN connection. I'm using Plantronics SP500 headset for ATC only, and it works ok if I am in gamespy, but when direct connected to my brother on the network, the sound cuts out. It works for about 2 mins, then Poof I lose it. I don't know if there's a conflict within the network, or if it's another problem. So just update the Audio drivers, nothing else? I am running the 6.70 set, updated all of them with that pack. so let me know if anything else should be changed.

Thanks