Sign in to follow this  
MattC

Very unpredtictable boot on expert, almost never.

Does there have to be a videocard in the first slot for the 8-4-NC-8 option to work. Or is there some other option I need to take care of first

At 8-4-NC-8 settings the video card should work fine in the second slot. I have never used a single card in the first slot of either of my Expert boards. With that said I can't help but keep going back and reading RGone's post.

If you borked the video card...you likely borked the board as well...I would be looking for another board...mostly wasting time doing anything else and chasing yourself around about a power supply...logic says it worked until you went to work on the chipset and the video card suffered and probably something else as well including a chipped chipset...if you are speakign here of the motherboard chipset and not just the gpu..

RGone...:confused:

Aside from the CMOS clear have you tried re-flashing the BIOS?

Thanks for the reply. After I started having the problem I flashed it back to 04/06/2006 from OCZ Tony's EX04/06. But I had flashed that bios in a while before the the whole thing started. I do appreciate the reply though. Anyone else with any ideas. I am totally open to them. I really don't want to have to buy a new one. Because I won't buy anything else now.

MattC

Oh, and just to clear up any confusion. The videocard still works absolutely fine. I did have to solder the little piece back on. But I got it done, and it works totally fine. I refer back to R-Gones post and just thought in case anyone thought the vidcard was hooped that I'd mention that its still functioning great. Does that make a difference at all? I realize that what R-Gone posted is a very possible conclusion. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

MatthewC