Sign in to follow this  
Cal

Great OC News

hey all had some bad and good times this week first off my NF4-SLI-DR died but my RMA has been picked up very fast so my hat as off to DFI but i was still feeling sad having to go back to me asus board but then today my new 3700+ came in the post so i wasted no time in taking out my old one which would top out @ 2.915MHz @ 1.69volts in the DFI board only

I popped in the new chip with stepping kab1e and stock volts 1.35 got me to 2.750 after uping this up to 1.420volts its gone right upto 3G it did go right past 3G but im using air ATM so temps were much better @3G only down side to all this is that the asus board is cr*p and i cant run my ram any higher than 260 so with the ram now set to 166 and the cpu @ X10 [email protected] leaves me with the magic 3G/250 im just so happy and all @1.42volts woohoo.

just cant wait to get my DFI back and set the ram up right.

many thanks to everyone @ street for their help iv found out so much about overclocking here and thats got me to were i wanted to get my pc

doubt , sounds more like jelousy

every chip is different. and by the sounds of it, he didn't even remove the IHS yet :D

is it stable at 1.42? I doubt that!

your very right i dont know if its stable yet i didnt want to run 8 hours of prime without my watercooler on the chip at the moment im thinking iv got a good chip so im taking care of it. All i can say for sure is its been running happy at 3G all night and all of today no errors and no BSOD and with the other chip at 3G i would choke on the first lot of test prime gave it with 1.69 volts so its looking very good.

Thanks gdogg :) the IHS is still every much in place i took the last one off but as im still using a fan (a stock fan for that matter) iv left the IHS on so the chip is high enough to meet the HS once i get my DFI board back ill use the water again and see if there is a gain to taking the IHS off :cool: