Infinity Ultra M2 & X2 3800+ Owners!!

supageek

Yes I appreciate your suggestions, my manual says a minimum of 400w I think. My PSU is running so cool you know, if I was stressing it it would be alot warmer. So I know I have enough power. PSU are overated in my opinion. Anyhow I o/ced my rig to 2.6 yesterday, memtest pass! I ran 3Dmark05 all the well through, I let my room for about 30 minutes came back and the benchmark was finished, so I click ok and bamm! reboot. so it was unstable. I was running it at 1.425v I may have to up the voltage a bit. I've noticed most people that have a 2.8ghz overclock has their vcore to like 1.5v is this safe? Do you guys know what the default voltage is on the X2 5000+?

I start hitting the voltage wall at about 2.7 Ghz. It just wants more and more juice after that. For me to be completely stable @ 2.8 Ghz, I need 1.575v and have to do a little memory tinkering. So yeah, up the voltage, but monitor your temps often!!! 1.5 should be ok with that cooler. Keep us updated!!!

ROK stable at 2620, vcore @ 1.45. I just got a fan controller and a new fan to go with the ninja as the original fan was spinning too slow. Next target frequency = 2.7ghz. I was initially running at 2.7ghz before I went down to 2.6, wasnt very stable. Im going to try and get it stable in the next few days with more voltage and see what happens. Cheers.

weird.. I just went to extreme outervision and did that PSU calculator thing and it said I need atleast a 483w PSU for my current system. Volta Im not having any problems whatsoever with my current setup, and the PSU gets a little warm when Im playing games. PSU calculator is bull crap as I have a 430w PSU and Extreme outervision is saying minimum 483w PSU. HA!

Oh and my CPU idles at 27c and on full load around 37-40c. This is a decent temp for 1.45v no?