Infinity Ultra M2 & X2 3800+ Owners!!

supageek

My processor wont go past 2.14ghz. I've tried almost everything. I have my ram in slots 3/4 because of my scythe ninja being in the way. Does this effect my o/c negatively? Can any x2 3800+ let me know your exact settings so that I may give it a try on my system. It would be highly appreciated thanks in advance.

I'm sure I could get past that with kinda normal settings but for anything higher the CPU only seems happy with a 9x multi.

The ram seems to have great bearing on things as well, You need to drop it to 667 and up the voltage. I have no idea of the SPD settings for your ram so manually set the big 4 that you have listed and manually set all the others to their slackest for starting off with. I could only get to 290 fsb with the OCZ but up to 312 stable with the Geil.

Hmm where did my sig go, I suppose thats wot I get for ticking on the box and not reading it. I'm just on my way out so I'll fix it later.

woohoo! I got it to 2520ghz right now. Ran 3DMark05 and played BF2 for 2 hours. Rock solid so far. I tried booting at 2900 wouldnt boot to windows though. Ill try and tweak some settings and give it another go. My settings are as follows : FSB @ 280, HTT @ 4, CPU multi @ 9, Vcore 1.425, DDR @ 667 running at 420mhz. These are the only settings I changed along with the memory timing which is at cl5, 5, 5, 15, 21. Well back to BF2 for now. Im gonna try and o/c higher. Be back later with results.

yeah that was the exact settings I tried last night. Couldnt boot into windows. I may have to give it some more juice. Perhaps 1.6v? well when I go home tonight Im going to try and go 2.8 and see if itll boot. Thanks for the help.

nah I just got this power supply for around 120 usd. I dont see any problems as far as power goes as of right now. Maybe when I go SLI but I doubt I ever will because the only game I play is BF2, and starcraft ocaasionally. Yeah its a rock solid power supply with plenty of amps to go around. People seem to emphasize on the power supply alot but I use to run this rig on a 330w power with no problems. I only recently got this power supply because it looks cool(modular).

Anyways I tried lowering my cpu multi to 8, fsb to 350, and htt at 3, system wouldnt boot, corrupted my windows too, almost had to do a reinstall. Im gonna try it again see if I can reach it by upping the voltage. Let you guys know what happens. If I can get it stable at those speeds then Ill shoot for 3ghz. wish me luck!

Technically, both of you (the op and volta) don't have enough power-DFI requires a minimum of 480 watts on these boards just to recieve service (well, the Lanparty's definatly and these setups are equally as power hungry)! I have a 480 watt Tagan with 28 amps on the +12v rail, so the op is more than likely doin g OK power wise-he has a very good 12v rail which is the most important part!