Need help with X2 4400 overclock

Guest Darkslayer_merged

Guest Darkslayer

Ok guys, heres the situation. I really want to get my 4400 to 2.75ghz, but @ those speeds, every time I put load on the other core (Prime95 on one, Super_PI on the other), it crashes Prime. And I can't clear 3Dmark2006 either.

I had the following settings...

FSB clock: 250mhz

CPU multi: 11x

HTT multi: 2.5x

CPU volt: 1.57v

LTD volt: 1.3v

Chipest volt: 1.6v

DRAM volt: 2.77v

Idle temp: 31c

Load temp (1 core): 44c

Load temp (2 cores): 50c

I know the ram isn't holding me back, it's @ stock speeds afterall. I ran my 3700 @ 2.75ghz for months, and I was hoping to do the same here.

What is the maximum safe voltage for an X2? Did I miss something???

Any input would be most welcome :)

Many thanks :)

(P.S - everything in my sig is up to date)

That does seem a high vcore for a 2.75 clock. Just for a try why don't you run CPU at 275 with a 10x multi and put the ram on a divider. I say that because it can be the case that some cpu's don't always clock the best at the max multi. Also change the HTT multi to 3x.

Guest Darkslayer
Just for a try why don't you run CPU at 275 with a 10x multi and put the ram on a divider. I say that because it can be the case that some cpu's don't always clock the best at the max multi. Also change the HTT multi to 3x.

I did that already, but I shall do it again just to make sure. I even went as far as a 9x305, same deal :mad:

Guest Darkslayer
Why are you doing Prime on one core, and Super on another? Why not Prime both?

Prime is a single core app. If I run just prime, only one core is used.

Prime is a single core app. If I run just prime, only one core is used.

Can i suggest that you go to the top of this section and read the overclocking guide. Also go to the overclocking database and read the rules(it links you to how to set up 2 instances of Prime for dual cores). I'm not trying to be patronizing, it's just that from your posts it sounds as if you could'nt have read them properly.

Guest Darkslayer
Can i suggest that you go to the top of this section and read the overclocking guide. Also go to the overclocking database and read the rules(it links you to how to set up 2 instances of Prime for dual cores). I'm not trying to be patronizing, it's just that from your posts it sounds as if you could'nt have read them properly.

I did read the guide, but must have accidently missed that part :(. I do applogize for that.

Guest Darkslayer

And for the reccord, I DO know how to overclock. I just like to bounce ideas off other overclockers in case I missed something.

I'm begining to think I just have an "unlucky" chip. Oh wells :(

And for the reccord, I DO know how to overclock. I just like to bounce ideas off other overclockers in case I missed something.

I'm begining to think I just have an "unlucky" chip. Oh wells :(

LIke kaisyo says pull it back man ;) find the max your cpu is gonna run, get your Htt right, closer to 1000............ at yer current setting of HTT 2.5 you have it at about 625.00 MHz, change it too 4@250 = 1000 if you start going above 250fsb then you can change it down to 3x........

As a side note you might already have exceeded yer OC on your cpu, to run at 2740mhz i need to run close to 1.600v through my cpu, i would pull it back to around 2650mhz see if you can get it stable from there with volts and then work up and find what the max is Mhz is with max volt your willing to use, furthest i have went is about 1.625v, i dont recomend those volts off course unless you have a decent cooling solution......

Logan