Just got this in replacement of MSI K9N Plat

Ok so its very nice so far. Now I have a X2 4000 2mB cache version on my msi it was bugged and had hot spots so I chose DFI hoping I'd pass 3.5ghz stable

I got at 3.3 but MSI was finiky with vcore abover some level so it'd not post but I got in and the hot spots passed 160 and it shut off so I hope DFI don't do that

But how do I overclock with this board? I got ddr 667 dual channel and want to drop a pretty low devider so I can go in the pass the FSB 300 range

Help me learn this dfi lol just entering the bios scared me

Guest DaddyD302

Whoa, dude you better go back and read the rules. You got no sig, that's a no no on this board. There is a reason for these rules, it helps everyone. Damn you got a good cpu, if you can hit anything over 3Ghz, I can't seem to get mine over 2.7Ghz. Anyways welcome!

I had that same MSI board and RMA'd it for the infinity. I haven't looked back since. I'm assuming you mean 2.5 and 2.3 Ghz? I've been able to take my chip a lot further with dfi, so you should have better luck also. You need to look at the DFI overclocking guide a few times through, before you attempt to overclock. Good Luck!

Nah 3.3 and 3.5

Shes stable at 2.7 which she sorta was on the msi cept the hot spots if they didnt have a fan blowing on em it'd shut off

I tryed htt 300 but it dosent work so idk how much vcore and stuff should I give my x2 at 3ghz I tryed 1.43vcore and gave the nb and sb .o4 extra

Couple of things buddy. You should put all your specs in your sig. That link doesn't work for me.

Second...slow down. Take your time. It takes some people months and months to get to 3Ghz, that is IF your chip can even do it.

So put your specs down and read this link a couple times through...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28049