PSU recommendation

Starbuccaneers

I have finally made up my mind about the Mushkin psu. This is a beautiful psu. The color, sleaved cables, ability of 12v rails to suppliment each other, rock solid rails, and the power (just to mention a few) make this psu a very good one. If it had active pfc this would be a great psu. I love it as the pros outweigh the cons (only 1). I can't recommend this psu as per the rules but, I do not think anyone would be disappointed in this unit.

The 5.0v and 3.3v rails showed some fluctuation of .01v to .03v idle and loaded with webtemp and mbm5. The dmm did not show any fluctuation.

Mushkin Reps, can I upgrade to the new unit with active pfc if I pay the price difference? (when it comes out)

My next memory purchase will definately be Mushkin. Mushkin you sold me with your products.

Mushkin rocks!

What is the big deal about Power Factor Correction (PFC) either passive or active?

Unless you are running 100+ of these in a very large industrial complex or

planning on using a very expensive "in-line" UPS, it doesn't make any difference to anyone in the USA.

In fact the PSU will run slightly cooler, slightly quieter & will be slightly more efficient with out Active PFC.

All true,

Dave :angel: