Sign in to follow this  
Babyeater

CAnt Boot into windows after 230Mhz

Hi There,

I have just built my second system with a x2 4800+ and 2 x 1GB Corsair XMS4000 (ddr500) ram I decided on a Dfi-Lanparty Ultra-D (modded now to sli) I heard great things about the Overclocking ability of these boards but I can't get my rig to boot into windows beyond 230Mhz. I have the cpu at 1.5, the chipset at 1.6 and the memory at 2.9 htt turned down to 4 or below. I didn't get a manual with this board (second hand) can anyone give me a few pointers to where I could be going wrong?

Or is there a custom BIOS for this memory that could save me a few headache's.

Cheers

Cheers to WHERE IS YOUR SIGNATURE? You agreed twice before even posting that you would READ and the ABIDE by the RULES of the forum...

Alright Mate .... welcome.... i think you should of made a sig b4 your post gets deleted..Also maybe try posting in the amd overclocking and read the definative guide to overclocking. Mate ive just seen ya from county durham ,so am i lol

Post yer sig like Mitchy says and then you might get some help with your problem.....there are i think certain mem settings or timings you need for corsair to get them to run or i could be wrong ;).

Logan

I don't think you need to increase the voltages on the CPU that early and you definetly don't need to increase the chipset voltage since these boards reach high HTTs without any chipset voltage increase. The memory though is another story...I head from some fellow members that 2 gig memory kits don't like high voltages like the 1gig used to...my OCZ for example if I put anything higher thatn 2.7 volts the system doesn't boot, period....

So you might wanna take a quick look at the overclocking guide and only increase voltages when needed...for obvious reasons...