Sign in to follow this  
AKHandyman

Firefox 2.0 is out early!

I've had it for about a week! There haven't been a bunch of changes.

I am, however, having problems with the buttons on "Bleedinedge". The "Post Tools" and "Feeling Icons" (Don't know correct term.) won't do there thing. I can't use either.

It doesn't appear to be anything to do with the "Pop-up Filters", since it doesn't change when I turn them off. Oh, well!

Yeah, but does the latest version block popups like Opera? I doubt it because i use to get alot of pop-ups and now nothing (all blocked) when started using Opera.

Yeah, but does the latest version block popups like Opera? I doubt it because i use to get alot of pop-ups and now nothing (all blocked) when started using Opera.

Firefox does have a pop-up blocker and a really neat spell checker. Now there is no excuse for lousy spelling in these forums ... :angel:

You probably have the release candidate 2.0

Nope, I updated to the finished version and its only update several days ago.

I only have problems with "Bleedinedge" forum. None at all with dfi-street.

I have been using Firefox since it was introduced. I have never had a pop-up since using it. There are websites that build pop-ups into their coding, however. These are few and far in between. No pop-up blocker that I have used will stop these.

Until recently, when I used my MSN (Part of the special with Qwest DSL.) browser for doing some searches, I had almost forgotten there are pop-ups.:rolleyes:

It's having a real big prob with even the most simple CSS.

Stuff that even a fully locked down ie6sp1 can take on without probs.

It's enabled tabbed browsing again, when I allready had it set to not doit since the begining and since the minefield beta.

This is sucking... (I don't like tabbed browsing)

I do like the spell checker though, it helps a little bit even though it don't understand all the stuff I type.

Sure using alot of mem though for being a supposedly slimed down broswer these days :( .

I think this ver sucks.

I'm gonna deal with it though and see if the next rev fixes the css issues.

If not I'll step back, if I find out that no decent ver of firefox can handle css,

I'm going to another broswer.

Edit:

Mmm...

Maybe I'll get used to the tabbed stuff.

It is a bit easier then scrolling down to the taskbar.

I'm used to using alt-tab, this is better for peeps that use the mouse all the time I think.

Firefox does have a pop-up blocker and a really neat spell checker. Now there is no excuse for lousy spelling in these forums ... :angel:

LOL GOOD 1!! but again, as i have no problem with my spelling however im alway weak in grammer... lolz FIREFOX give me a grammer check browser!!1