Sign in to follow this  
Shegga

system is not booting

hi!

my system is not booting up. i have had some struggle with my system in the last couple month before that it ran fine. so i decided to update the bios. i pulled out the battery and cleared cmos, after that i put the battery back in but now i do not get a boot screen. my monitor just shows nothing. maybe somebody could help me?!

i have to add that i did take out my geforce and unplugged the hard disk becuase i cleaned eyerything. put i did put it all back in the right place.

Guest erico
hi!

my system is not booting up. i have had some struggle with my system in the last couple month before that it ran fine. so i decided to update the bios. i pulled out the battery and cleared cmos, after that i put the battery back in but now i do not get a boot screen. my monitor just shows nothing. maybe somebody could help me?!

i have to add that i did take out my geforce and unplugged the hard disk becuase i cleaned eyerything. put i did put it all back in the right place.

What does the on-board LEd display show? Watch it as you boot. It should start at 4 leds then 3 then2 and finally one. The LED display is an indicator of BIOS progression thorugh recognition of DDRAM/CPU/VIDEO to OS. If you are having boot problems give us headsup as to what you see before the lack of a BIOS screen. Isolate first, then troubleshoot. here is the link to the properly CMOS clearing sticky http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...t=clearing+cmos.

Try a boot while observing the LEDS then clear CMOS exactly as the sticky says. :)

The simplest way to update your CMOS is using TMOD's UPDATE CMOS CD.

hi!

my system is not booting up. i have had some struggle with my system in the last couple month before that it ran fine.

What was your struggle in the last couple of months? Without some more info, all we can do is make stabs in the dark. Unplugging a GFI or HD shouldn’t effect a thing, unless you didn’t connect them back up correctly. In other words, make sure they are seated properly.

well this is all very strange. now the system is booting and the leds go from 4 to 1. however i cannot get into bios i can press del as often as i want there is only the screen with the dfi logo. beside that nothing happens.

is there any trick how i can get into bios?

and my old problems were that i was getting blue screens all the time saying irgl_not_less_or_equal or error in acpi.sys and so on. i had to switch off my pc wait for one day and then it would work for a couple of hours. i tried to reinstall windows but i was getting blue screens when i tried to do so. i think there might be a viurs on the system and even in the bios?! so i wanted to flash a new bios and format my complete hard drive.

this drives me nuts.

Firstly, try using a ps/2 keyboard to get into the BIOS.

Secondly, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a often a RAM configuration or power related problem. Take a look at the Ballstix Gone Bad thread for some more info on your sticks...

In addition, your PSU isn't up to the job. It isn't on the recommended list and is underpowered for a DFI rig. If you can get one off the list to try out, i'd stongly advise it...

well i am using a ps2 keyboard. and what is the insert key?

i know that my psu is not on the list but it has been wqorking fine for half a year. same thing with my ballistix.

this is really weird.

Well, I don’t know how much different keyboards are in Germany, but the Insert Key is usually next to the home key (button) and above the delete key on a keyboard.

Your system not booting up can very well be a PSU problem, even tho it has been working fine, a PSU not up to the task can exhibit that symptomm, even after working fine for a while. Doesn’t mean that is your problem, but would be worth looking at.