Mentos and Diet Coke

Redbeaver

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I guess steak is the favorite american food - so you must know!!

Today I am gonna cook something for me and my wife and literally spent 20 minutes looking for a steak sauce. Finally we bought the "olde cape cod" bbq and grilling sauce just to try...

Unfortunately here is around 40s so I will broil it in the oven (rather than barbecue). Before trying zillions of steak sauces - any recommendations for next time???

PS: "made with bourbon" was the trick that pushed me to buy this one!

I have to agree with Daddyjaxx here.

A good cut of meat doesn't require any sauce.

Sorta goes against everything I believe in.

Tmod

If the steak requires sauce....buy better meat. :)

gotta say he's right good steak only requires a little seasoning (salt after it's sealed) also a light squeeze of lemon(after) will help with the tenderness and don't forget to let it "rest" for a few minutes before serving, a nice bottle of red will go well.

Not to sure why you'd put it in the oven a frying pan/griddle would be the best option and only turn once and don't move it around and oil the steak not the pan with a pastry brush

Well, I think steak was the blue ribbon angus beef (shoulder) - paid around $7 for 1.6 pounds...

You know I am the one generally eats not the cook!

PS: and even tough I agree we dont use (need) any sauce for steak, I saw many people buying it so why not give it a try!!

A1 steak sauce taste's like crap, HP sauce (British) is the one and only thing I have with meat. I hate rare meat, to me any pink in the meat is uncooked. I asked for a well done T bone in olive garden a few weeks back and when I got near the bone the damn thing was bleeding, I almost puked.

A good tri-tip marinated in a good teriyaki sauce isn’t too bad. Got one marinating in the kitchen right now. Seasoned with spices of your choice, and it’s hard to beat.

However, how to cook something and how it tastes is so individual, that there probably no best way to cook it, or sauce for all of us, but it is interesting to hear different ideas to try. Some may remember the Beer Can Chicken thread that was alive a few months ago. Sounded yummy, but have yet to try it.

If the steak requires sauce....buy better meat. :)

Absolutely!

I refuse to use any kind of steak sauce - I do a nice spice rub before I grill it & the juices do the rest....

Though I must say that I don't eat Cows anymore, the only red meat I eat is Buffalo.

For those of you that have never had a buffalo steak, if you ever get a chance - TRY IT!

Way tastier than beef & easier to digest too.

Strip steaks are my favorite. mmmm..... yummy.