Temperature.. Does it look ok?

Dust is an abomination!!!!

I personally keep my rig in a "low-dust" environment room with a can of compressed air on the desk..always! :)

I wish..

I have shity set up right now..

And that crappy carpet............

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, see my rig in my sig. Same case as yours except the kandalf has the front panel done differently.

Currently as we speak im running on:

CPU: 24

PWMIC: 34

Chipset: 41

I have the vapochill on instead of the stock HS on my cpu mind you but the fans in the case are just the standard stock fans you get with it. 1x Front (Intake 120mm) 2x Back (Exhaust 1x 120mm, 1x 92mm) 1x Top (Exhaust 92mm)

Ive got 2 Silverstone 120mm and some decent 92mm fans lying around (my HS takes a 92mm).

After i benchmark some temps with front panel open/closed etc im gonna try swapping them out for the silverstones and see how it goes, though to be honest 24 on idle in my room which is around 20-22 Ambient atm is pretty decent IMO

I gotta order a new chipset HS as well, not too mention i screwed up one of the plastic bits that holds the chipset heatsink down and had to do a DIY job on it until i get the new one lol

Have none-stock HeatSink as well...

"Big Typhoon" from ThermalTake..

And it don't really help my CPU that much.. at list as I hope it will..

What you use?

Right now, from some hours of work I have those temp.

Temperatures

Motherboard------------------------42 °C (108 °F)

CPU----------------------------------38 °C (100 °F)

North Bridge------------------------46 °C (115 °F)

GPU----------------------------------47 °C (117 °F)

Seagate ST3200826AS------------26 °C (79 °F)

Seagate ST3200826AS------------27 °C (81 °F)

This is what im using atm

http://www.asetek.com/main/page.asp?sideid=727

The fan is rated at 73.5 CFM and goes to around 39db on full setting.

I think one of the more important things about keeping the temps low is making sure theres good airflow in the case, try getting some cable ties and tie together as many cables as possible then tie them against something so they arent all over the case. And of course, dont use more cabling than needed! If you have done that already make sure the HS and CPU are making good contact and try re-applying some AS5 but remember not too put too much on it.

Also consider were the case is placed, try elevate it off the surface slightly, especially if its a floor and remeber not to box it into a corner or something.

hmm interesting must have been one hell of a dusty case to see drops like that!!

on a seperate note..

bcbooter your sig is impossible to read without being 1cm away from yor screen and going all squinty eyed.

hmm interesting must have been one hell of a dusty case to see drops like that!!

on a seperate note..

bcbooter your sig is impossible to read without being 1cm away from yor screen and going all squinty eyed.

Well.. right now..Temperatures are pretty much back to what there were..:mad:

Temperatures

Motherboard------------------------42 °C (108 °F)

CPU----------------------------------38 °C (100 °F)

North Bridge------------------------46 °C (115 °F)

GPU----------------------------------47 °C (117 °F)

Seagate ST3200826AS------------26 °C (79 °F)

Seagate ST3200826AS------------27 °C (81 °F)

To clean off the old AS5 Use Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol) and try to use something that wont leave behind particles eg tissue paper/toilet roll

Make sure ALL the AS5 is off and try bring the base of the HS to as close as clear reflection as you can. I can see myself on the bottom of my Vapochill for example after a good clean. Do the same with the chipset as well.

My case is the exact same as yours except my front panel is different. I have the same fans as well.

Its also worth noting your ambient temperature. As mines atm is around 15 degrees due to me leaving my window open my idle temp is actually 18 degrees just now and on full load with 2x Prime im on 29 at stock. (I love Winter!)

It might be worth taking apart the components of the system and cleaning each of them with some compressed air or whatever you can get, even blowing on the peices yourself will remove almost all acccumulated dust etc.

When putting the peices back in the case watch your cable management. Keep cables away as i said before and tie them down to try reduce the impact to the case airflow.

I hope this helps a bit, i dropped temps from 30+ idle going from my old case to this so the case itself itself is good as long as you dont clutter it up inside too much.

If nothing seems to be helping you could try replacing some of the fans with some 120mm/92mm of your own though ive not had a chance to test my silverstones out yes in it and probably wont as my cpu temp is around 1-2 degrees above room temp no idle.

(Also before i forget, open the two doors on the front of the armor and see if this makes any difference. And leave all the front panels on as behind the black mesh there is filters which will help keep the case clean but you need to check these every so often as it builds up dust too.)

The upgrade might be worth it, it seems to be good even though i would have thought the additional crossflow might affect the "wind tunnel" sort of thing they had going. Its worth a try!