Sign in to follow this  
fariss

Ie7

u know u can press Alt to bring that menu... is that what u mean? theres an option too for using the old view instead of the new one......

big difference between RC1 and Full is i can move the tab around lol i luv that...

I use IE7 quite a bit on some Intranet sites with massive Java/ActiveX interacts. I must try this new FF. I HATED the old FF as it would @%#! up the displaying of websites for me (poor CSS handling just like IE6 in that they HAD to interpret it separately from everyone else).

I'm still a fanatic Opera user, just love the thing. I kinda hope FF RC3 doesn't pull me away from Opera. It would be like when you sell that car that you had for 20 years that EVERYTHING in your life happened in or around... :O

boo

COOL... thx, any1 know anyone abt firefox's problem with certain webbie download site... I cant d/l certain site with firefox but using IE tab in firefox i could, but again in some sites still cant, gotta use the old stinky IE 6

The problem is actually not with FireFox but with Internet Explorer. It doesn't display proper code correctly, so web designers basically have to bollocks it up so that it looks right in IE. But unfortunately it no longer looks good in a real browser.

The problem is actually not with FireFox but with Internet Explorer. It doesn't display proper code correctly, so web designers basically have to bollocks it up so that it looks right in IE. But unfortunately it no longer looks good in a real browser.

The main problem with designing is the underlying popularity problem. Most design demographics are overwhelmingly for Internet Explorer. I have always had major design glitches and differences in how a page is displayed with IE and Firefox, and that is while using certified W3C XML, XHTML and CSS. Oh well...life sucks :shake:

boo

The main problem with designing is the underlying popularity problem. Most design demographics are overwhelmingly for Internet Explorer. I have always had major design glitches and differences in how a page is displayed with IE and Firefox, and that is while using certified W3C XML, XHTML and CSS. Oh well...life sucks :shake:

boo

That's never stopped me. Besides, I'd have to open IE to make sure my codes are compliant. :shake:

Maybe if everything stopped working on IE, Microsoft would fix the problem. :tooth:

I don't think it is just a Microsoft issue. It is an issue with the core engines of the major browsers. The Ghecko (Mozilla) and Trident (Microsoft) engines seem to have the most problems with not only displaying accurately, but also defining things their own special way. Presto, the layout engine behind Opera, seems to be closer to proper display. Amaya is not bad either, with less browser features than Opera, but displays similarly as the Presto engine.

boo