Amd 3500+ @ 3000mhz

Anti`

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay i have updated my sig with all the relevent information. I have also swapped back out the 7900GTX as this i think was not good for the psu, As under load in games, they would just crash to windows.

I have decided to drop back to 2.625ghz using 250x10.5 As i seem to get better performance, the ram is still at 1:1.

Only problem im having now, is that when running 3dmark 03,05,06 it gets about half way through the tests, Then when a test finished it just kicks back into windows. The temps are fine after it. 37-40c

And here is a screen of cpuz for ya

cpuzfd0.jpg

If you can give me any hints/pointers to get close to 3ghz i would be gratefull.

Okay ive found out the hard way that a 10.5 divider = instability. Not sure why but it is.

So i have dropped down to 10x260 with a 9:10 divider

Can anyone offer some advice or help on how to push this thing further ? It would be great to hear from someone that has had this setup before, and might know a few little tricks.

Also you may say my bios is a bit old, and im not using a custom one. But i find this one stable, And i like the options of having upto 123% more for the cpu.

Thanks again.

Btw like my 3dmark scores :P I have pushed the core about as far as it will go on standard coolers. but i think the ram can go a bit higher maybe 1250 or more.

I can hit 2.75 using 10x275 1:1, but for some reason benchmarks are better with 10x260 9:10

Which makes no mess to me. as 1:1 should mean higher mem b/w.

I dont mind pushing it above 1.55v as i have watercooling here that i can use. but the temps rarely pass 40C. c&C generals for 4 hours only hits 35C

yeah probly so as to the OCDB the vince stops between 2.6 and 2750 ( but then no ones willing to go past 1.65)

whats the stepping on your 3500 ?

It will take me another month before I can get into -5c with the cpu to see if this 3500 will ever hit 3 gig

beating stuff up the way i do. I find When any of my BTs hits 43c im done passing prime