Why People Curse/Swear/Cuss

Polizei

off topic but you still got them bee crossing in

Walla Walla ?:D haha only place i know ya be driving down the hyway and come to a sign BEE crossing 5 mh

You, got it!

We want to protect our little bees against visitors. They don't realize how important it is to have them pollinate our crops.:P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use swearing with discretion but I do use it. They're just words. I don't see how certain words can be inherantly offensive. It's all by association. They allow for freedom of expression. And, as George Carlin was a master of, they can be pretty funny too. :D

Taking the Lord's name in vain is another matter, though, because you're dealing with words that are supposed to mean one thing and making these words mean something diametrically opposed to their true meaning. I don't ever take the Lord's name in vain, but I do use other swear words.

You, got it!

We want to protect our little bees against visitors. They don't realize how important it is to have them pollinate our crops.:P

HaHa well not a visitors I was Raised in ELGIN famous for its billboard sign ( Open session on Portland elk hunters ):D Well really I put my first 8 years of school in IMBLER Population 190 :D

I've met people from every conceivable walk of life, from the poorest to some of the wealthiest people in America, every single one of them swears. Some are more subtle than other's (a few priest's I know) to people that own television station's (Gannet Co. Inc., friend's with the founder's great grandson) to people that make ten's of million's of dollar's a year trading stock's, to the lowliest bum's the country has to offer.

Whether people like it or not profanity is a very large part of American (and other's for sure) culture, it's more than just the use of word's. The people that look at you in disgust as if you have leprosy, I'd bet every penny I make in my life that they aren't the "upstanding" citizen they so desperately try to prove they are. Doe's it bother me if people swear? Not in the slightest, but I've been arrested for flattening a guy that wouldn't stop dropping the F-bomb around my 5 year old son, whom the other day informed me and I quote "Daddy, if you don't stop I'm going to kick your butt." and then kicked me in the shin.

Some people get carried away is the largest problem, they don't swear for expression, or humor. They do it to display their self proclaimed rebellion, those are the people that bother me, I'm not soft spoken, or shy, so it doesn't bother me to tell anyone exactly what i think of them, or what they are doing.

I can recollect watching a current affairs program a couple of years ago where an example of a double standard was shown regarding swearing. Essentially, an Aboriginal youth was arrested for swearing at a police officer yet just minutes before, the police officer was cursing the same group of youths with the very same language. All caught on film and beamed around the country... rather embarrassing for the police I assume.

Think about this one- exactly how many swear words do we have in the English language?

I read somewhere that English has the fewest actual curse words of any language in the world! Which language has the most curse words? Supposedly Arabic.

There always seems to be a lot more creativity used by other languages for swearing and insults. I've read translations of people swearing at and insulting each other in different languages that made me laugh 'till I cried because they were so entertaining!

I dont know what to say about all of this? I myself have a very bad gutter mouth but that comes from working in the trades all my life, but I will say this some of the best times I have had were with the drunk fowl mouthed roofers at the end of the day drinking beer in front of the shop:D ...So have a Coke & a Smile and shut the F@ck Up!

Guest Milkshake

I think swearing is ok.

They are just words in our vocabulary/diccionaries

Used for expression; anger, excitement, hatred, etc...

Smoking is socially acceptable and causes more danger than swearing.

Wow... werent you talking about people cant be closed minded a few posts ago? Let it go man, just because what your parents taught you where youre from isnt the norm here in the US of A, dont get your panties in a bunch. We do things differently here, and just because we do, that doesnt me we are "red necks." I could pull out a stereotype like that against you just as quickly as you did against myself and my fellow Americans, but Im not going to because you are too close minded to see the point.

Excuse me while I grow up and make decisions for myself not based on what my parents tell me to do.

haha im 52 and spent my first 50 in the north west lol