Sign in to follow this  
Moscow

What motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo E6300/6400?

Hi, im going to upgrade my computer in a few months and im going to get myself a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1,8GHz or a E6400 2,2GHz and im thinking of this motherboard: " ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131025

I read in a review it only got up to 420 FSB? 420x7 = 2940, since its locked at 7x and motherboard supports 420? FSB..since you can go higher than 2942 i really dont want to be stuck at it..

Well what motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo do you recommend?

Well what motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo do you recommend?

What forum are you at? I think you might have come to the right place if you wanted a ...

DFI MOTHERBOARD!! :P

If you want high FSB you'll need to go with a 965 chipset board for now...Asus P5B is okay but a bit of hit or miss at times. If you aren't going to be upgrading for a couple of months then keep a look out for the DFI RD600...

If you want high FSB you'll need to go with a 965 chipset board for now...Asus P5B is okay but a bit of hit or miss at times. If you aren't going to be upgrading for a couple of months then keep a look out for the DFI RD600...

Any clue as to when exactly that puppy is coming out? I will be looking at a back-up board to my Infinity ... (one can never have enough toys, right?)

Any clue as to when exactly that puppy is coming out? I will be looking at a back-up board to my Infinity ... (one can never have enough toys, right?)

Happy and Rgone are supposed to be getting engineering samples any day now...they won't be able to tell us anything other than the performance of those boards and nothing else...

When I saw pics of that board the other day, I just about wet my pants :P .

I know that there will be some heavy tweaking goin on over at their place once they get that board ... :cool:

Another note, any idea when there might be a new BIOS for our Infinity 975X/G board? Just hoping for some new C2D OC'ing :)

When I saw pics of that board the other day, I just about wet my pants :P .

I know that there will be some heavy tweaking goin on over at their place once they get that board ... :cool:

Another note, any idea when there might be a new BIOS for our Infinity 975X/G board? Just hoping for some new C2D OC'ing :)

Wouldn't have a clue in that regard...I'm just a fellow tweaker with no inside skinny. Besides, I'm perty damned happy with 9/13...

Wouldn't have a clue in that regard...I'm just a fellow tweaker with no inside skinny. Besides, I'm perty damned happy with 9/13...

Well, it never hurts to ask, now does it?

I might be posting somewhere else because just lately, I've hit a bit of a snag trying to go over 360FSB. I get an sys lock up, you know, the kind where the mouse just hangs ...keyboard doesn't do anything ... I am wondereing if it might have something to do with the new Razer mouse drivers ... they're the 5.9 and anytime I go over 361FSB ... just a few minutes and it just hangs up ... don't really know where to go from here ... I'll save this disscussion for another post in the appropriate thread ... :(

Well, it never hurts to ask, now does it?

I might be posting somewhere else because just lately, I've hit a bit of a snag trying to go over 360FSB. I get an sys lock up, you know, the kind where the mouse just hangs ...keyboard doesn't do anything ... I am wondereing if it might have something to do with the new Razer mouse drivers ... they're the 5.9 and anytime I go over 361FSB ... just a few minutes and it just hangs up ... don't really know where to go from here ... I'll save this disscussion for another post in the appropriate thread ... :(

Might wanna keep an eye on THIS thread...

Ive gotten up to 378MHz on the FSB and theres plenty more where it came from... If I had water or better air cooling (if there is?), Im sure I could hit 390, maybe 400 on water.

With the 9/13 BIOS on this 975X/G, theres nothing to dissappoint you.

Sign in to follow this