My interent sucks....and there is nothing i can do

kbruno

Sorry I just need to let everyone know, I live in Flagstaff AZ and my internet sucks royal...royal...!@#[email protected] had Qwest DSL which i was suppose to get 7500 down and 2000 up...oh wait i checked on speakeasy numerous times....1500 down and 500 up...sweet...so i call them and tell them...."hi we suck" so i dropped them and got NPG cable....2000 down and 512 up....um lets see speakeasy says that i get about on average 750 down and oh lets see maybe 200 up....maybe....and thats at like 12:00 at night...i gotta wait till 3 in the morning to get 1300 down and 250 up....i can't even play DoD during day hours cause I lag like a gramma...i bought a D-Link GamersLounge router and the DLink modem(?? the good one) but that wont boost the Garbage that comes into it....its just sad that 45 minutes away they can get 5mps down and 2mps up.....and its a smaller town?!?!......if any of you are from flagstaff you know what i mean......ugh.....im furious.......i should win that power supply just because of my dire situation lol.....no but really....can someone like wire some good internet to us please...

oh by the way...i called NPG to ask if they were looking to increase there speed anytime soon...."oh we just upgraded from 1mps to 2mps so were not looking to increase anytime soon"....oh thank you so much for making it seem like you guys are a good company.....my hometown in South Dakota (pop. 3000) has the option for 10mps/5mps.....what a crock

SO I AM RECOMMENDING YOU NOT TO LIVE IN FLAGSTAFF IF YOU WANT TO USE THE INTERNET......

Sorry I just need to let everyone know, I live in Flagstaff AZ and my internet sucks royal...royal...!@#[email protected] had Qwest DSL which i was suppose to get 7500 down and 2000 up...oh wait i checked on speakeasy numerous times....1500 down and 500 up...sweet...so i call them and tell them...."hi we suck" so i dropped them and got NPG cable....2000 down and 512 up....um lets see speakeasy says that i get about on average 750 down and oh lets see maybe 200 up....maybe....and thats at like 12:00 at night...i gotta wait till 3 in the morning to get 1300 down and 250 up....i can't even play DoD during day hours cause I lag like a gramma...i bought a D-Link GamersLounge router and the DLink modem(?? the good one) but that wont boost the Garbage that comes into it....its just sad that 45 minutes away they can get 5mps down and 2mps up.....and its a smaller town?!?!......

Lolz that sux dude... i totally understand ur feeling, personally i experience the same thing... In fact in my country every1(almost) is facing it. First of all we only got 2 major player in domestic internet provider(and a small coy), 1 handle ADSL, the other cable... And BOTH SUX, they are only delivering 1/2 or 3/5 speed of wat they promise and still charged us exploited price for it.... In fact, recently the cable provider so called upgrade their undersea cable to twice its size or something and auto upgrade those speed below 2000 to 4000 i think, anyway the main point is they ask the existing customer to go and check their download n upload speed to ensure no one is having serious problem with the new "upgrade" i was suppose to get 6500 d/l and 384upload, i got 3500 on average on d/l and its stated acceptable on da website... and that is only on a local server, could u imagine wat speed i get on other webbie and game server... They sux... just like our water bill, electricity bill company... they overcharged us, they charge us the same amt from previous month when they happen to drop by and no one is at home and couldnt check the meter.... Every couple of month... right.... But again we have no choice coz they r the only company so kbruno piece of advice for u... LEARN TO ACCEPT THAT LIFE SUX FROM TIME TO TIME.... Or u could try moving, it's a big country..

Btw: I owned a gamerlounge router too... DGL-4300 and its rulez when compare to my linksys WRT54G... Mmmm Minus of the bittorrent, i have lesser speed on torrent with this router than my linksys... And did ya manage to get your gamefuel to run?

On my college network, I get about 6000/1000 on average. Ive seen 9000/1500 before, but its rare.

Doesnt really matter to me... I dont download much anyway other than game patches, pings in games under 80 are fine.

Guest thespin

My DSL service gets me 3/0.4. I can double these speeds for about $5 more a month but most sites I download from limit speeds to less than what my DSL is capable of now - so I can't justify even that small additional cost.

comcast cable i get 2937 down, and 709 up. and that's 8mbps connection. speeds are always advertised as "up to". they honestly could give a rats butt if you get it as long as you pay the bill.

comcast cable i get 2937 down, and 709 up. and that's 8mbps connection. speeds are always advertised as "up to". they honestly could give a rats butt if you get it as long as you pay the bill.

GOSH! I think u just hit the jackpot!! I absolutely agree with u!

I work for Rogers Wireless up here in Canaduh...

Currently beta testing the new consumer High Speed service to roll out in Q1 next year. It's rated to 18/4 MBps, but won't reach it's true max until infrastructure and network changes take effect in December. This service will cost a whopping $99/month... !

Current real world speedtesting to a local server (speedtest.magma.ca) gives mid to high 8000s KBps.

Rogers is kicking off the service by including the new Motorola Surfboard 5120 and all on-plant installs will include upgraded/dedicated cabling and a signal booster at the demark.

Expect to see the other consumer services increase in speed as well, as a result of the new system upgrades.

Extreme was 6 MBps, now 8 MBps

Express was 5 MBps, now 7 MBps

Prices should remain the same with promotional offers until at least Q3.

The big coup will be Static IP Business Internet for $90/month, which will include 5 static IPs, 10/2 MBps service. Installation is $150, but our techs test the network speed, install new cabling and boosters, and guarantee "10/1" ..... within 10% of rated speeds at all times with less than 1% downtime.

It's good to be Canadian!