fios

Skull_Fire

i had dsl it was good but i could only game online one pc at a time. iv got kids it aint all me,ha. then i got cable & we could frag out on 4 pc's. and honestly iv got no complaint with cable. but i just got fios & its great. it is faster, iv dropped about an average 10 ping on my favorite servers. i dont know if its only a promotion thing or not but im paying less for it than i was for cable & the price is locked in for a year. if u go to www.verizon.com/fios u can enter ur phone# or address & it'll tell u if its available to u.

I hate u guys.... *Eyes green with envy

we only got 2 major domestic internet provider here (the third one is pacificnet but its really really small here), 1 is ADSL provider and another is cable and they BOTH SUX... Let alone wat T1 and satalite.... I'm paying for 6.5mb but only getting 3.5mb.... and i have no other company to turn to... btw, i'm a cable user... its a very small place here and over populated with ppls with cable....

They ran the fiber for that to my house a while ago. Been meaning to switch cause the faster of the two packages is still cheaper than cable internet and much faster around here.

One of the verizon guys was going door to door and said that the price wasn't a promotion. Though who knows if it really is or not. It's proally the normal price as their competing against cable so they need some way than bandwith to get people to switch as most people arn't techies and wouldn't notice the extra bandwith or have any clue what it would do for them.

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting fios tommorow. Tv, phone, internet, the whole shibang. I was getting ready to write a review but evadently there is already one here.

Although the verison people cut our tv cable line putting in the fiber, but since its only a day away and it takes comcast forever to get here I will let it slide.