Ugh... Sudden Failure? (Lanparty Expert)

So I've had a Lanpart Expert for a good while now (9 months) and recently scratched together the cash for a BFG 7900 GTX. All is good, right?

Except, when I mounted the card, my computer does not even POST anymore. All I get is about 1 second of power (enough to light and spin all my fans) but nothing else. No beeps, no nothing.

Full specs:

AMD Athlon 4400+

2 gig OCZ Platinum DDR ram (stock speeds, 2X1gig sticks)

Creative X-Fi Music (dismounted this for install of new card)

Seasonic 600 watt PSU

300 gig Maxtor SATA drive, 40 gig Maxtor IDE drive, Benq DVDCD burner.

The only thing that has changed in this rig is I changed from a 7800 gt to a BFG 7900 GTX. The system will not POST at all, even with the card dismounted. Did I do something horrible like knock off a capacitor, or jostle one or something?

Any advice is welcome :)

Definately try a long CMOS clear. This has been known to fix no boot problems very similar to yours. If you miss any step (such as you don't have a PS/2 keyboard) then your results will be invalid, and you'll have to start again...

If you continue to have problems, go back to square one - minimum build outside of the case. If you get a boot, add your hardware one at a time to see where the issue lies?

Guest Retratserif

Are you getting no post or no signal detected?

Mine was perfectly fine up untill yesterday the monitor was not getting a signal though the PC boots up just fine. I tried a long Cmos clear, but no video still, I lost the Raid setup so it will not boot up now.

Before you installed your new graphics card did you uninstall all the drivers from the previous card? making sure all your old memory settings were cleared? That way when your sustem starts up it is starting fresh. Doing a long CMOs clear should help unless you got a bad card it has been known to happen. or possibly knocked a power plug lose?

there are known issues with the old s12 series of psu's and the DFI motherboards, my (new type 430W) powered my expert for a short period without a hitch but getting a new psu should sort it, theres probably nothing wrong with the motherboard. and check all the cables are plugged in etc.