Sign in to follow this  
gudodayn

MSI 7900GTO Video PLayback Problem!!

As the title suggests, I run into problems when playing back videos (mpg, avi, wmv, xvid) using Windows Media Player 9 / 10 / 11 where the video feed gets stuck but the sound continues to play on!!

3D applications run fine in 3DMark05, 06, Call of Duty, Serious Sam 2, NFS Most Wanted, Doom3, AOE3.

I have StormCodec 6.08 installed and without the video card driver, playback seems to be fine. So far, I've tried 91.47, 92.91 Beta, 95.97 Beta drivers for the video card and tried 6.25, 6.37, 6.53, 6.70 and 6.86 drivers for the motherboard in combinations!!

I've also tried the second PCIex slot (which it is in right now) and I get the same problem!!

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions!!

Damn it!!

I have this card on the way to my place now....I hope I don't have the same problem as you man....

Sorry but I don't have any ideas as to what the problem is, unless maybe installing a different codec package maybe??

Well, look on the bright side........

3D applications run just fine on this baby.......

I am leaning towards a software issue.......I used another player (this player plays just about everything and it requires no installation) and video playback seems to be fine.

I'm gonna try the card on a Intel chip board and see if I can reproduce the same result.

If so, I'll pay a visit to MSI Taiwan (in the building next to where I work).

I'll keep you posted Ocean!!

I have a sneaky feeling this is the same problem that i've been seeing posted on boards around the place with relation to the newer nVidia display drivers... Can you try rolling the drivers back to 84.21 for me and see if that fixes your issue? Note: you should uninstall the drivers using add/remove programs - then reboot into safe mode and use driver cleaner pro to remove the display drivers, then install again from scratch.

If this works, then you can still use the newer drivers (if you really _HAVE_ to) by using the Display Properties/Advanced/Troubleshoot screen and drop the slider back 3 (three) levels...

Hows it going Ganders75?

I actually tried the 81.xx driver but couldn't install because it couldnt find my video card.

However, I did install the driver that came with the card.....an MSI modified driver and tried that thing you said with Display Properties/Advanced/Troubleshoot screen and drop the slider back 3 (three) levels...

It then says that it will stop all acceleration on DirectDraw / Direct3D, etc to compensate over acceleration ~~~

Its been playing video just fine for the past hour now..........THANKS