Sign in to follow this  
Novartic_

I need help on deciding which Case to buy.

Hello all.

Ok, I will first give you the low down.

I am/will be buying a DFI Infinity motherboard along with a Core2Duo.

This will have a few GFX cards in there along with quite a few hard disk's (I fill them up to fast.)

Now With my hard disk's I which to have them so that the fan's direct air flow goes past the disk's so to cool them down and to extend the life of them. Also I would like it so that you can easy remove the disks with out having to remove 65% of the components already installed on the machine (Like I have to do at the mo.) So really disk carriers removable from the front of the case or from the side of the case would be nice. (hard disks point there asses toward your face when you look at them.)

eg:

02swa_armor_lcs_6.gifb02.gif

P160_inside.jpg04enlargeview.jpg

Now the Second thing I would like is to have very very good air flow. Fans pumping in air from front and then fans pumping our air out at back etc.

like this:

02swa_armor_lcs_14.gifcooling_allc.jpg

Also a case that needs only your fingers to fit in cards and hard disks. Basically screw less case. Like this:

O no more images >.<

02swa_Sidepanellock.gif02swa_Extralargethumb.gif02swa_Screwlessslots.gif

etc... I think you get the idea.

Ok, so your thinking now ok, so what’s all the fuss about? Looks like you have found one that you like.

CORRECT!!!! I have.

But. There is always a but in the equation of life and things.

Which one should i get?

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis...r/va8003bws.asp

or

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis.../ve2000swa.asp#

Also I would like it so that it looks nice and corporate type. Remember also that I live in the UK so no USA case anorak sites please.

If you know of any other case that would be better then these two, please post them. All suggestions please.

Coolermaster stacker FTW

Thermaltake's toolless add on card system flat out suck's, yould be better off avoiding it, the exercise you get from the 2 seconds of turning a phillips screwdriver wont kill you. or order some thumb screws like lian li uses

http://www.svc.com/stc-t01-ubk.html

LOL, mate part of my job is to make fix and mod out test lab pc's. I love it when you have cases were you dont have to touch a single screw. eg. Sun Microsystems cases. There the best.

I have a TT case with the tool less add-on bit, it's more trouble than it's worth. Your decision, but it actually makes installing/uninstalling video cards harder, and doesnt hold them securely. No matter how lazy you are it is'nt a good thing.

Well it depends on if you want water cooling built into the system or not. That should drive the decision of which to get. The water system in it wont be as good as a Danger Den one or anything. But it's proally better than an ok air cooling system.

I have a black armor, back from before they put the huge fan on the side and I still love the thing. It's huge and you can put tons of drive caddy's in it for lots of drives. Or even mount your own rad in the front if you want to. Lots of things you can do with it.

Just a word of advice, the black ones weigh 35lbs unloaded. So you may want to only get one of the silver ones. Steel vs. Aluminum.

Thank you. Yes, I was looking at the armor one more then the water. With the side fan. also Silver is the way. i have a silver one already. Dont see the dust much.

Whats your thorts though with the screwless issues that cuoficr is talking about? Do you have an issue? I do know that some times they do a duff batch like all things.

Keep them ideas coming people, even if i do argue a little. lol :D

well - what ever they say about this case - i just ordered one also -- :)

i got the silver because its alumnium - if i get bored - i paint it black

i see how the tool less deal goes - i heard from someone else who has it and he loves - dosnt complain too much - so worst case if the tooless slots are not enough - you screw them in - no big deal - i also got it with out the big side fan - would block the whole view - but will add a fan inside to cool the board trying not to block the view - but i heard the side fan does cool it down pretty good - its a choice you make - and you can always buy a side cover with the fan later on - they sell them alone

i should get mines in this week - i cross my fingers - i will do a few things that i dont like about the case - the top ports - i dont like and the front fins - i may just remove them -- and maybe even the top ports if they get in the way -- depends - maybe cut out a hole instead and add a fan on top instead of the ports - dont know yet -

ok keep us posted -

kool, i like your post.

Let me know when you get it mate. See if you can digital photograph some more images that they dont show on the site. etc...

I will deside on your revew of this case, as its only like £100 apx.

hi - i try my best to post back on how i feel the case it - this is really my first full tower case - so i cant compare to other cases - i see how it works for me with the WC and keeping the wires neat etc. - nothing is never going to be perfect for everyone -- what ever works for you is good - i had to decide on space - the looks of course - and good air flow etc. - sometimes you have to scrafice something along the way - i hope i make a good choice - i let you know - and will take pics - as i work on it slowly -- it wont take a week for me - maybe more like a month - :)

doing a little at a time -

ok i post back - any ideas about anything - let me know

thanks

One thing I will say is that with the wires, the more times you cable tyie them, the better you become at neatly cable tieing up a system. I wil take a pic of a system that i have recently made at work, for someone that has not been trained up, i think iv done a dam good job.

I haven't had any problems with the tool less drive bays. They hold pretty well. But I screw everything down with all open screw holes cause that's just what I do with every case I own.

I move stuff a lot and don't want it wiggling around or vibrations rattling anything.

Only negative thing I can say about it is that the wing things on the front really suck if you move it a lot. However most people buying a case this big arn't planing on moving it much. That's why my gaming rig isn't in it ;)

Sign in to follow this