Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D Dual Channel Problem!

Hey all,

Ive just built a PC with a Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D Motherboard and socket 939 AMD 3000+ 64Bit Venice CPU.

Ive got 2 sticks of 512 Crucial 3200 Ram, they came in a dual channel kit and used to use them on my old mobo.

If i put them in the coloured slots for dual channel i just get a black screen and PC does not POST. If i put them in single channel mode it works.

Ive upgraded BIOS to latest version from DFI site, but wasnt sure what else to do as didnt want to go fiddling with voltage settings until id asked you lot on here!

Any ideas? I had a brief google and it seems its a voltage setting problem.

All help appreciated

Alex

Are you following the build guide shown here as a sticky? Even if you've built machines before, it is good to follow it as it has helped countless people get up and running...

Firstly though, these boards will not normally run well (or at all) on optimised defaults. You'll need to enter specific timings for your RAM. Check the stock speed database for some settings for your RAM. Remember, these boards are picky - but that's where the speed and power come from... Also, you should be initially booting with only 1 stick in the furthest orange slot from the CPU, then loading optimised defaults, then entering your specific timings into the genie settings.

FYI: You need to add a sig with all your components. It's in the rules you agreed to - the mods will ban you for a few days if you don't add one...

Hi thanks for your reply really appreciate it.

With regards to the sig i didnt realise i will add one :P!

Ive looked at the stock speed database and cant see any values for my 3200 Crucial Value RAM.

Any ideas what they might be?

I am running them single orange slot in memtest first to make sure they are all good.

Thanks

Alex

This is your last chance to create the sig, if you post again without it you will be banned for 3 days.

How are we suppose to help if we do not know what components you are using?

Hi Guys sorry about the signature i have put one on now! :-)

Just bought two more sticks of RAM so now i have 2 Dual Channel kits

The RAM is Crucial PC3200, the Part Number is CT6464Z40B, please find me some settings :P I would be so grateful

With all the sticks in as dual channel respectively i currently just get black screen. I will try different settings but dont want to mess it up

Thanks

Alex

Ok hears the wierd thing, the two sticks ive just bought are the same model as i stated above and made by crucial but on the ram it has a samsung sticker and work dual channel.

The old ram has an MY sticker and does not work dual channel.

I assume if we can find some settings for old ram and hope they work with the other??

Where did you buy these sticks?

Just try using 2 sticks for now.

Place the memory in the orange slots.

B]Make sure that all 4 power connectors are plugged into the board[/b]

# 24pin ATX connector.

# 4pin +12v P4 connector, near the ATX connector.

# Floppy power connector, under the CPU socket.

# Hard drive power connector, on top the chipset fan.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2944&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=2945&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=2946&stc=1

Clear your CMOS for 10 minutes

# Remove the power cord from the back of the power supply.

# Move the CMOS jumper to the clear position and leave it there for 10mins.

# Make sure you move it back to the save position after.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2947&stc=1

Insert the memory into the Orange slots

attachment.php?attachmentid=2948&stc=1

You must use a power supply that is going to work/meets the minimum requirements.

OK i have checked the connectors and they are all in

I have tried the new sticks in the orange slots and they work - dual channel

its just when i introduce the old ones into the two yellow slots it doesnt boot.

I have memtested the sticks and they are fine, they are the same model as the other ones but like i say they were bought at different times so one is samsung and one is M Memory.

Any ideas?

Alex