which dangerden parts to use for WC

expresso

hi - i just purchased a TT amor full size case and want to watercool for my first time -- i will move everything from my Sig to the new case

which dandgerden parts do i need excatly -- i like the 240mm Rad -

but dont know which waterblock to use and tubing etc. - which is the best pump and not sure yet on video cooling - but if you can point me to a VGA waterblock also -- i have a 6800xtreme - but maybe would upgrade later one and would like to use the same waterblock if i can

are they good for a few other cards or very specific to one card

thanks -- post links and part numbers if you can -

thanks - plus is there a special connector i can get that attaches the pump to the psu power connector so i can start it up and run leak test - i dont want to jump start the psu - never done that and this is my very first time with WC

thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which dandgerden parts do i need excatly -- i like the 240mm Rad -

but dont know which waterblock to use and tubing etc. - which is the best pump and not sure yet on video cooling - but if you can point me to a VGA waterblock also -- i have a 6800xtreme - but maybe would upgrade later one and would like to use the same waterblock if i can

are they good for a few other cards or very specific to one card

Dangerden TDX CPU Waterblock: http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?...7&cat=21&page=1

Laing D5 water pump: http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?...5&cat=23&page=1

ClearFlex 60 1/2" internal diameter tubing: http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?...1&cat=33&page=1

X-Flow Stealth GTS 240 Black Ice radiator: http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?...5&cat=86&page=1

NO RESERVOIR, try to assemble a T line fillport

Arctic Cooling Accelero X1: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/arcoacx1.html

The Armor has holes for using an external radiator (tubes), but I think you can place the radiator inside. Each component comes in a selection of either 1/2" outer diameter fittings or 3/8"... you need to select either one and use the same size for all components and tubing; 1/2" is better since the water pump comes in 1/2" OD size, to use 3/8" OD you would need a special adapter.

I believe the air cooled Accelero for the 6800 card is a better choice at the moment, since a future upgrade could be near and you probably don't know if you will keep using nVidia cards or change to ATI; ATI cards work better with Intel, since XFire is more mature in that platform.

More forum members will suggest and give more tips about this :)

thanks - plus is there a special connector i can get that attaches the pump to the psu power connector so i can start it up and run leak test - i dont want to jump start the psu - never done that and this is my very first time with WC

thanks

To power up the PSU with it disconnected all you need is to short between the green wire from the ATX connector and any of the black ground ones. Of course you need to disconnect all the other components... google this information and you will get detail instructions on this subject and how to connect two PSU's together, if you ever need to do so :)

Good luck

hi - thanks for the information - i will check it out -

i read somewhere here that you can get a adaptor to connect the pump to the psu power - if so you wont have to jump it to get it going -

i rather do it that way - i am not sure if its true or not -

would you know about that or if danger den sells that adaptor

thanks :) -- i am undecied with the waterblock for the video - i mean if its not too expensive - i just do it and if i change later and need a different - i would buy a new one -- if its 20 or 30 dollars - i give it a shot since its about a year old - as long as it works ok - i wont just get rid of it - but then you never know - i get bored and change everything again

i found the adaptor -- frozencpu sells it -- i like it better

just plug it in and dont worry about it -- its 2.99 -- no big deal --

worth it for someone like me :)

the pumps i see pictures of show just two wires - red and black

but they look bare -- i dont see any connections on the ends -

how do you connect the pump - ?

i found the adaptor -- frozencpu sells it -- i like it better

just plug it in and dont worry about it -- its 2.99 -- no big deal --

worth it for someone like me :)

the pumps i see pictures of show just two wires - red and black

but they look bare -- i dont see any connections on the ends -

how do you connect the pump - ?

You can also get one of those funny PSU Testers, you just plug the PSU to it and turn the back switch on and the PSU starts... it will give you a reading of the voltages as well as turn it on :)

The Laing D5 comes with a molex adapter so you don't have to do any connecting other than just plug it into one of the PSU's molex connectors. However you should know how the PSU molex cables work: the Yellow one is the 12v line, the Red one is the 5v line, and the two black ones are the ground ones... the water pump requires a 12v feed, so it must be connected to the Yellow one and one of the black ones... if the pump has two cables coming out, one being Red and one being Black, you must asume the Red one is to be connected to the 12v Yellow one, and the Black one to any of the ground black ones.

Mine came with the molex adapter, so no guessing was necesary... :)

Use the search option on this forum to learn about individual components. You can "build the whole watercooling system" by going to this page in the Dangerdenstore.com site:

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?...7&cat=66&page=1

A GPU waterblock is very expensive, it can cost you between $100 and $130 dlls depending on the brand you choose... the Dangerden one for the 6800 costs $124 dlls, and I believe it is not compatible with later video cards.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?...4&cat=48&page=1

The Arctic Accelero X1 is a good and cheap choice right now, so you don't have problems when you upgrade later on... I hear they really work well.

There are lots of radiators to choose from, i just selected one that can give you very good performance with out needing too much air flow. The thicker the radiator, the more lines it has, the more air flow restriction will have... more or less, and if its thicker it will require more powerful fans, resulting in more noise. Either one of the Blackice 240 mm (2 x 120 mm) radiators is very good, so I don't see a problem if you choose that one or any of the others.

Search for the T line port thing on this forum... or just wait for someone to post about it :)

There is a forum member that works for Dangerden and gives support to DFI Forum members... however I forgot his name... hmm, could he be CPU Killer? :confused: I am not 100% sure... but I am sure he will eventually see this thread and come here to post, first to say I am an #$@@#$, then to help you out with your questions :)

Good luck

If you've got the dough to spare for the CPU block, go with DD's silver CPU block. It keeps the CPU nice and chilled! I notice a major drop in temps since I installed mine a while back. Average 8C drop but the max temp is around 10C lower and I have higher clocks now too. Gotta love silver...

Tygon is the best tubing. I am pretty sure two reasons for using Tygon is for longevity and flexibility. You can get great piping with good longevity far less than Tygon too and then use anti kinking SmartCoil from SVC. It is UV reactive and prevents kinking in the tubing on tight bends.

good luck and hey, post some pics if ya can while you build the sucker :)

boo

thanks - i am not looking to spend more for a gpu block than i pay for a cpu block - why so much more ? if thats the case - i just leave it or get the other big fan you linked me too before -

i tried to email cpukiller - never heard back ? well maybe the pump comes with the adaptor and i wont have to buy one - i am not sure

i am going by the pics i see of the pumps - i dont really see the ends -

i will take pics as i put it together - i dont think its going to be that great

i am not good at building - but i want to try to be extra neat this time

hopefully the TT amor case helps - just one thing - when i am done - i have to figure out how to post the pics lol -- thats another issue when i get there -

so that Rad you linked me to is the best one ? best all around or just easier to use ? -- and about that coil to cover the tubing - i am not really crazy about it - i seen it but wants thinking of using it - i think it takes away from the look - hopefully it wont bend -- i try my best to route it nicely to avoid the bends -

so i guess unless theres a gpu block thats a fair price - i do only the cpu and use the new thermaltake chip cooler -the new little tower one -

i am sure i be back asking what to do as i go along - in the meantime

i have to use my old computer - that sucks now - lol -

If you've got the dough to spare for the CPU block, go with DD's silver CPU block. It keeps the CPU nice and chilled! I notice a major drop in temps since I installed mine a while back. Average 8C drop but the max temp is around 10C lower and I have higher clocks now too. Gotta love silver...

Tygon is the best tubing. I am pretty sure two reasons for using Tygon is for longevity and flexibility. You can get great piping with good longevity far less than Tygon too and then use anti kinking SmartCoil from SVC. It is UV reactive and prevents kinking in the tubing on tight bends.

good luck and hey, post some pics if ya can while you build the sucker :)

boo

Indeed Silver is better material for heatsinks and waterblocks than copper, and of course aluminium... but for a begginer I think copper is good, just using water instead of air is a huge diference :)

Yep, Tygon is the thing to get... for that I suggest going to this store:

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/tubing.html

The only thing I don't like about Tygon is how it reacts to water aditives... in comparison to vinyl and polyester which are more resistant to chemical substances Tygon is quite fragile, however its flexibility is unmatch... I would use it too, actually i am :)

i dont see any DD silver cpu block ?

and theres no number to call dangerden ???

they should at least have a number - any number - :P

You are right, I didn't found the Aluminium TDX waterblock anymore :(

It existed a while ago... and like boo_masters said it was awsome I am sure... I totally forgot about it, I wated one for myself :(

Hmm, only known way to contact Dangerdenstore.com is thru this email form:

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/help.php?sec...tus&mode=update

However at Dangerden.com they have this contact information right on the front page:

Danger Den, LLC

41890 Old Highway 30

Astoria, OR 97103

Phone: 503-458-6548

Fax: 503-458-6598