I Just Programmed A Bunch Of Html

darkerick

And So far I can only view it in my computer because the code is in my notepad files. How can I put this thing online so other people can view it?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you would use localhost for both. Also you don't need Apache unless you plan on hosting off your machine for others to view. Then to access your website using Apache type in the for url, localhost, and it should pop up.

Yeah, use apache if your going to start a webserver or somthing, otherwise you dont need it. Also to veiw your html you dont have to upload it, just open it with internet explorer. If you want other people to veiw it just upload it to a free hosting site, like www.brinkster.com

If you want others to view, then you can give them your WAN IP address, or you can purchase a domain name.

Also, do you have a router? If so open up port 80 for your computer that will be hosting the site.

If you decide to buy a domain, make sure you setup a DNS as well. Otherwise people will type in yoursite.com and get nothing. The DNS is what points to your computer. Its essentially a database with lots of info in it. There are free DNS services out there too.