Sign in to follow this  
betaman

DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D problems!

Hi there everyone!

First time at this forum!

Last week i did some upgrades to my computer. I bought a DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D, FSP Epsilon 700W and a MSI 7900GTO. I had a good CPU and RAM from before.

My System is:

MB: DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D

CPU: Opteron 165

RAM: Corsair TWINX2048 PC4000-PT

Graphic: MSI 7900GTO

PSU: FSP Epsilon 700W

When I installed all the components and pushed the power botton the system didnt boot-up. there are 4 red leds in the down-left corner on the motherboard. They indicate system condition.

4 leds flashing: System Start-up

3 leds flashing: CPU detected

2 leds flashing: DRAM detected

1 led flashing: VGA detected

0 leds flashing: System Boot-up.

It stops at 2 leds flashing right now. I have switched my memories to some other and its the same result! I think my MB is DOA. There is something wrong with the memorybanks! Thats what i think. I have heard that if u have a prob with DFI this is the FORUM to ask =)

I have tried to reset BIOS, all cables are incerted in their right positions... so i don´t know what else to do but send it back to the store i got if from!

Someone have any suggestions?

(I´m from sweden and i hope u understand my english) =)

/Johan

Try doing a long CMOS clear removing the battery from the motherboard...

if you want the whole description of the procedure, there's a thread here somewhere...

do a search and you shall find it....

I'm too lazy right now... lol

sorry...

Are you following the build sticky posted in this forum? You should read it - but to get you started, you should be trying to boot with only one stick installed in the furthest orange slot from the CPU...

Try the CMOS clear mentioned above - if you miss any step (such as because you don't have a PS/2 keyboard) then it will be invalid and you'll have to start again...

P.S. Add a sig. with all your gear. It's in the rules and the mod's will ban you if you don't follow them ;o)

your english sounds (looks?) great betaman. I'd be more worried about understanding native english speakers - there are some people out there that have been speaking it all their lives and still butcher it pretty badly:rolleyes:

betaman, make note of the information given in guides about starting up with just one module of RAM in the top orange slot. To make a first post with two modules running in dual channel might be more than the settings in Genie Bios allow.

Test both modules separately as a beginning, no error whatsoever in memtest, and make sure you get loose enough settings so you can start to test them together in dual channel.

And as stated already: a signature will be good and necessary starting point.

Thx guys for your help. I am going to try this later today... Hope it will work =)

I added a sign... I hope it will be enough...

Take care all!

/Johan

2 leds indicates a vga issue

try to reseat the vga and make sure all the 4 conectors are plug in to the mobo

and i assume your vga needs a power plug too...so make sure that one is inserted also

good luck

hmm... according to the manual, 2 leds indicates memorie issue...

4 leds: System Start-up

3 leds: CPU detected

2 leds: DRAM detected

1 led : VGA detected

0 led : System Boot-up.

Maby I´m wrong... what do u all say about this?

mas

i am not gonna argue with you on this

2 leds ram detected ok.....1 led vga detected ok

so

if you have 2 leds it means your ram is ok but your vga is not...cause has not passed to 1 led

mas

i am not gonna argue with you on this

2 leds ram detected ok.....1 led vga detected ok

so

if you have 2 leds it means your ram is ok but your vga is not...cause has not passed to 1 led

I interpret it like this... from the beginning.. 4 leds... then the MB checks my CPU.. when it´s done the third led fades... now there are 2 leds... and thats when the MB checks my ram... if 2 leds go to 1 led... the ram is ok and is checking my VGA.. and when the last led is gone my system boots up...

Maby i´m way wrong about this... but anyhow.. im gonna try and do a long CMOS clear today.. see if it works...

Thanks!

@KimTjik i have a problem with crucial dual channel ram as stated in my post.

Cant get PC to POST with the ram in the dual channel slots.

Mobo is the same as the one on this post.

What settings may i need to change to get it working?

Maby i´m way wrong about this... !

yes you are

like i told you

i am not gonna argue about this

or you trust or you dont

simple

the time i spend triyng to convince you is time i dont use working

4leds and it tryes to see the cpu....when it does that 1 led goes off....then it tryes to detect your ram......with 3 leds on.....when its done with the ram it shuts down another led.....so you get 2 leds after you cpu and ram detected ok....and the same goes for the vga.....when u have 2 leds its trying to detect your vga....when does that it goes to 1 led....meaning your vga was detected ok