Sign in to follow this  
dreamsr

OCZ Powerstream 600W and sli

I quick question here, I was noticing that someone said the 600W Psu is not recommemnded with the 7900GTX in sli does this also go for the 7900 GT KO (512MB)? Will be definitely running sli in the near future.

From DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED August 5th, 2006!). Unless Dave says otherwise I would think no based on the following.

OCZ PowerStream 600W WARNING: The OCZ Powerstream 600w is a fantastic power supply but it is NOT recommended for X1900XT/7900GTX or newer Crossfire/SLI. Avoid if you plan on using them in X1900XT Crossfire or 7900GTX SLI, or any newer Crossfire/SLI setup! Other than this particular combination (Crossfire X1900 / SLI 7900 or newer), the OCZ 600w Powerstream is a fantastic psu and is highly recommended.

I quick question here, I was noticing that someone said the 600W Psu is not recommemnded with the 7900GTX in sli does this also go for the 7900 GT KO (512MB)? Will be definitely running sli in the near future.

stick to a psu on the list that is recommended

OCZ GamerXstream 600w/700w and the Corsair HX-620 are the two best psu's I have right now

stick to a psu on the list that is recommended

OCZ GamerXstream 600w/700w and the Corsair HX-620 are the two best psu's I have right now

he's talking about the OCZ :)

Sign in to follow this