Sign in to follow this  
e268

2 GB needed for AMD 4000+ Newark

I need to use 2 GB memory for photo editing tasks on nf3 250gb board. Any suggestions?

OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 2x1024MB Dual Channel Platinum XTC. I had this installed in my 250GB with the Newark 4000+. Suggested timings for NF4 and this memory at this link

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost....26&postcount=10

worked well. If 3D unstable, try adjusting Bypass Max to X7.

Do not attempt to use kits with Infineon chips.

Thanks for the response.

Capt: How high were you able to oc the newark with this memory? I see you have now gone on to the opty, congrads. I think I'll stick to this nf3 for a while until I lost interest in photo editing (too many hobbies and too little time).

Edit: I browsed NCIX and they do not have any. Where did you buy yours? Thanks.

Mack: I use Adobe Lightroom (beta 4) or Nikon PictureProject to do post porcessing. After a few jobs, it slows down to almost a halt and I had to do hard reboot. These programs suggest minimum of 1 GB memory. I suspect maybe something to do with page file as well. I'll increase it to see if it helps before buying more momory.

hi guys,

i'm sorry if i have to use this thread for my question but since i've found a new information (to don't attempt with Infineon chips) i'm here to ask you this:

i need a 2gb kit, and i've found 2 interesting kits at a good price:

TEAM GROUP Cronus DDR500 PC4000 2Gb. (CHIP INFINEON CE-6) con timings 3-3-2-8

or

TEAM GROUP DDR500 PC4000 2Gb. (CHIP MICRON 5B) con timings 3-3-3-8

now, i have a 250mhz daily use with 2x512mb kits of Adata Vitesta DDR600 at 2.5-3-3-6 and i would like to be close to this result as much as possible with the 2gb kit.

so why it's better to don't attempt with the Infineon Chip? what's wrong with them? is it a CPU problem (you're talking about newark 4000+, i have a clawhammer 3700+) or is it a mainboard problem (NF3 250gb)?

thank you in advance. Angelo

Sign in to follow this