Chipset coolers

I have an Infinity RS482 that i haven't setup yet and was wondering, would it be a good idea to remove the heatsinks of the chipsets, clean them with Akasa TIM clean and then apply some Arctic Silver 5 to them before installing this board in a Silverstone Sugo ?

I have an Infinity RS482 that i haven't setup yet and was wondering, would it be a good idea to remove the heatsinks of the chipsets, clean them with Akasa TIM clean and then apply some Arctic Silver 5 to them before installing this board in a Silverstone Sugo ?

the 'gummy' TIM on the RS482 can be a miserable experience to remove (I just soak a cotton ball in 100% acetone and then lay it on the gummy material for about 15 minutes and it comes right off then)

but

I always do it to all my chipsets...remove the gum they put on at teh factory, and use Ceramique or AS5 (mostly ceramique) either on the stock sink or I replace it with something better

don't chip the chipset chip and you won't void warranty....and be careful as the ATI chipset chip is more severe in it's cache height (ie the NF4 chipset chip is pretty 'normal', but the cache top on the ATI chipset sits up higher than normal, and makes it a lot easier to crack the chip if you exert too much pressure on a cooler install)