Sign in to follow this  
Skull_Fire

sli question

im buying the dell 3007 monitor. it requires 2 dvi cables. with sli u can only run 1 monitor. with sli setup will i be able to use 2 dvi connections off one of the cards to run the monitor or do i have to disable sli?

more likely than not you'll have to disable sli, I know to dual monitor on my sli system I have to use 3 video cards, i use an old ati radeon 7000 to run the othe monitor.

Guest BFG

This isn't a dual monitor setup... and it won't require 2 dvi cables.

The 3007 requires a dual link DVI port

Your 7950GTs have two dual link DVI ports each, so you CAN run SLI with those cards and that monitor

It will work

Just google "7950GT dual link DVI"

uncle dave is right. i didnt realize until i checked it out on the evga web site. but apparenty at least some individual dvi links are duel link capable. i got tied up so i couldn't post sooner. sweet link uncle dave, i think u gave it to me before when i was looking for a recommendation on the monitor.

i got the 3007. IT IS INCREDABLE!. i thought i had it good with the 24" widescreen but this is a whole new level. hl2 @2560 x 1600, q4 @ 1920 x 1200 set on ultra, & wow 2560 X 1600 all look & play like no lcd iv ever seen. the color is incredible. oh single plug duel link dvi does work, sli & all. i was real sceptical of a lcd but this is really mind blowing. still more testing to do. iv only run cs:s in 1600 x 1000 so far but it looked & played well. x3 is the only problem so far but it aint the monitor. i dont think my rig has enough arse to run it 2560 x 1600 4aa/8af. it still looks good just the soft lighting from planets on some ships hulls blinks on & off occasionlly. but x3 has been biggest load on my rig as far as games go. still alot more to check out but A plus so far.