0x000000a5 why am i getting this?

The DFI is fine. Unfortunately, Aspire (or Apevia or whatever name they hide it under) is crap. Why would you buy so many expensive, and high quality components, then try to save money on the PSU?????? Would you rather that $25 PSU fries the mobo, CPU, vid card, etc? I just don't get it............:rolleyes:

heh beat you to it JFK... and it's a $110 PSU, so not only is it crap, but it's overpriced as well :eek:

JJ,

Please understand this and sorry to say Aspire are dangerous and you’re PSU is a re-branded one.

On the side on the PSU is data spec’s. Check this link a your will - Discover Your Power Supply Real Manufacturer.

DFI-Street PSU Brands to Avoid

The Expert motherboard is a excellent board and will blow you away when you get it set up. You can NOT put crap components on it i.e. Generic RAM and non recommended PSU. Send the PSU back get and some good RAM and be done with it.

Oh it's Aspire...

So why spend all that cash on a blazing CPU and Graphics Card, and then risk all of it by buying a frankly dangerous PSU

2nd that, do yourself a favour, get a PSU on the Recommended List, and then your PC will most likely work. Al you have to do is a quick scan of the forum and you'll see how many problems have been caused by a bad PSU, and instantly solved by getting a new one.

I third that. I have an aspire psu in one of the cases i bought. When I plug it in i have to wait 40 seconds for the capacitors to charge o_0

I third that. I have an aspire psu in one of the cases i bought. When I plug it in i have to wait 40 seconds for the capacitors to charge o_0

Ouch... it just sickens me to see people buy this expert board for overclockers and top-quality components, pair it with crap, and then complain how it's the motherboard's fault lol... especially when they come here for support, and then when we give it to them they complain and say we're wrong ;)

You have been told about the PSU and I asked about your memory but you seem to have ignored my question.

You must use the orange slots, a good power supply and decent memory.

Using value ram can cause problems, it may be faulty or the memory timings need adjusting.

Whatever the cause it seems that you have already decided that it is the motherboard.

How can you try to fault find if you are using components that do not meet the minimum requirements for the board?