Sign in to follow this  
Rhythmeister

Drivers from ATi site turn the Express 200 to 1150!

Hey all, I'm a DFI AND socket 939 noob so be gentle on an old Socket a Epox fanboy will ya? :P

Loving this new RS482 but wondering why the onboard gfx is recognized as a 1150 after using the catalyst 6.9 driver suite. Not a big issue seeing as I'm about to stick an x850XT vivo in to her but just curious.

Another thing is...why can I not get over 235MHz fsb on this bad boi? This is even after dropping the ram (2x512Mb pc3200 Corsair XMS Pro w/leds) down to under 200MHz and dropping the htt ratio to x4.

Any help getting me closer to/ above 2.5GHz would be MUCH appreciated :angel:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61722

might want to add a signature and read the rules.. LInk. People will be able to better assist you when they have your computer specs..

ANd as for the over clocking.. Have you read the guide.. It's rather wonderful

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

And thats all can do pretty much as a newbie myself.... Also hint for the help w ocing.. Bios setting pictures..or write down what settings you have in the genie.. That way someone can steer you in the right direction..

And welcome ... goodluck...Peace

My bad! I have already consulted the overclocking guide, I think I need time to let it all sink in...I have a gut feeling that it's the ram timings messing me around, I've seen other people stating that the DFI boards are always quite tight on the default timings.

I'll check with SiSoft Sandra as to my timings then try loosening them a bit before increasing bus speed next time I can be bothered taking the lid off my X-QPack case...

Hopefully some other RS482 users read this and can tell me how to hit the massive 300MHz barrier!

there is a different driver for the integrated Express graphics...as far as I know, it isn't supposed to use normal CAT drivers (look on teh cd that came with teh motherboard)

Can you use the Omega drivers for the graphics chip on this board ? :confused:

Would be interesting to see what effect it had if any on performance. :)

no you have to use the specific Xpress drivers

the onboard video really sucks for any kind of gaming

take my word for it

I wouldn't go as far as to say the onboard gfx sucked, they can handle FEAR at 640x480 with sum eye candy on or 800x600 with it off which beats my old nForce 2 system with onboard GeForce 4 which would even play Prey/ Quake 4 multi!

The driver suite has CCC with it but performs just the same as when I use the catalyst 6.9's. I'll not be using the onboard after 2moro/ thurs tho as I'll be receiving my 512Mb (helps significantly in Doom3 over 256Mb version anyway lol) Sapphire X800XL (16 pipeline) :)

Cheers for the replies folks :)