Boot problems.

bchivers

Tried to do a repair from the windows disk but it was terminated before it finished, now every time I boot it does a checkdisk then says setup is restarting then hangs at a black screen. How do I get rid of the chkdsk and the setup?

It does not give you a chance to bypass the checkdisk? I had one of the checkdisks that you are mentioning quite a while back and cannot remember if you can opt out of it...

Only other thing I can think of is trying to repair Windows once more. Do not repair it at the first screen either. Press ENTER like you are going to install Windows and then at the next available screen to do so press 'R' to repair it.

Also, have you had problems or error reports in the past associated with the HDD? It is always a possibility that it has gone off to take the celestial dirt nap or it is preparing to do so.

boo

It does not give you a chance to bypass the checkdisk? I had one of the checkdisks that you are mentioning quite a while back and cannot remember if you can opt out of it...

Only other thing I can think of is trying to repair Windows once more. Do not repair it at the first screen either. Press ENTER like you are going to install Windows and then at the next available screen to do so press 'R' to repair it.

Also, have you had problems or error reports in the past associated with the HDD? It is always a possibility that it has gone off to take the celestial dirt nap or it is preparing to do so.boo

Yes I can bypass the chkdsk but then it goes to setup is restarting then hangs on a black screen.

I have tried the repair again 3 or 4 times and it is the same thing.

No, the computer has run flawlessly for along time.