Sign in to follow this  
CharmedLover84

Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

WHy do I bother, again? I thought I learned my lesson last time.

"Don't waste time on fanboys."

I've lost it again.

I was lost at "crackheads"... whats a "crackhead"??? :confused:

I still believe the HDR/FSAA thing is overrated, since so far its in only one game and ATI made sure the problem was fixed for their cards.............. because it was an Oblivion 3D engine issue, not a video card one. But aparently that way of generating HDR is better played with ATI cards, but I guess it might be the only one since other 3D engines use diferent technique to generate HDR.

On single cards, the GX2 is pretty much above any other... plain fact. Still some games are played better by the x1950xtx card than the GX2, which is scary hehe... but it is safe to asume that what you pay for your card in $$$ is more or less what you get in performance :)

Another fact is how SLI is pretty much death outside AMD platform... since Intel sucks in this area pretty much, with nearly 20% performance handicap compared to an AMD system: note that I am refering to overal performance, and thats compared to the platform real limit... since Intel cpu's are ubber powerful their total performance in SLI would be faster than AMD, but this performance should be a lot faster.

ATI cards are the way to go for Intel, and the Intel 975 chipset already supports XFire... or so I read; this is confusing, one of the negative points for XFire since you need a special card to do the job and now a special special motherboard too. But once it works, its the best thing on earth right now.

Just got done running each of my 7900s in a different computer (the ones in my siggy, both, with one card each)

FEAR results were 49-98-243 on the Opty and 51-96-243 on the FX-60 :- ain't that some crap? LOL

Got my butt kicked on everything by a system that is clocked slower in every way (except that ram that hates this computer being clocked at [email protected], freakin' killer man, killer)

Topped 6500 in 06 on both systems, single card, the Opty almost cleared 6600.

I must say I am impressed with it now that it's in the Asus board, half tempted to try it in this board again. But that is kinda scary that that Opteron and OCZ PC4800 with a 7900GTX are beatin' my system with a FX-60, PC4000 and 7900GTX when my system is clocked .11GHz faster on the CPU.

Matter o' fact it clearing 117K in AM3 means it's nearly as fast (as far as Aqumark is concerned, which I know isn't much) as my original SLI setup was (FX-60 @ 2.8 with SLI of 7900s, scored around 120K). What's really neat is my CPU score in AM3 was 13K on that computer, meaning it's comparable to a moron I ran in to that had a Conroe at 2.4GHz or some crap and he was all happy with his 134K AM3 score, yet his CPU score was 13.6K... sad that I'm nearly beating that score when he had DDR2-800 and a Conroe verses and Opteron.

Really wish that ram was stable in this computer, have a feeling I could crack some numbers I've been wanting to eclipse for a while now (specifically 16k on 05 and 10K in 06, which I haven't done either of in many moons).

Guest MadDias

sorry.. i think my first run was with ccc overdrive set to 690/790 ;)

but that wasn´t stable because of the fan not blowing on 100%...

so here is my "legal" score with an ATITool oc of 680/800 (fully stable with annoying stock cooler blowing at 100%):

Minimum: 50

Average: 107

Maximum: 343

fearcf680800ts0.th.jpg

MadDias - AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.8GHz - 2GB G.SKILL HV @ 511MHz, 3-3-2-8-1T - ATI X1800CrossfireEdition + X1800XT 256mb @ 680/800 - DFI Lanparty RDX200 CF-DR - SAMTRON98PDF 19" CRT

i´m still 50MHz on the gpu and 30MHz on the gddr apart from my single card clocks...

Hey Thraxz, just outta curiousity, what does your system get on Aquamark 3?

Just ran it on the Opty/Asus with one of my 7900s in it (against this sytem with one 7900 in it) and got my butt kicked. Scored 117K vs. main system (FX-60) got 114K lol

120K. I nearly broke into 121k but JUST missed last time. 2.97/594/760/865.

What's with people not putting down their resolution, and game settings? I ran my F.E.A.R v1.0 @1280x1024 everything on MAX [4xaa n 8xaf] (Soft Shadow Off) w/ results.....

Actually, if you do the MAX/MAX settings it determines the resolution for you.

Yup...mine defaults to 1024 X 768 with MAX/MAX

I misunderstood thinking max supported/native screen resolution on max settings. For apples to apples comparison I think it should be noted (resolution) in your entry...

OldGuy - Intel Conroe E6600 @ 3.807ghz - Geil Ultra DDR2 1000 @ 846mhz 4-4-3-12 - (1) XFX 7900GTX 665/815 (stock) 91.47 WHQL - DFI Infinity 975X/G bios 9/13 - Dell 24" Widescreen LCD - 1024 X 768

Vsync ON = 30-56-60

423x9vsynconsinglecardah7.th.jpg

Vsync OFF = 53-106-262

423x9vsyncoffsinglecardtz1.th.jpg

My SLI bridge just arrived so I'll be back in a few with some SLI results

120K. I nearly broke into 121k but JUST missed last time. 2.97/594/760/865.

You just proved my point about how awesome that computer is performing, thank you.

It's getting 117K AT 2.82GHz! That's a far cry from 2.97GHz, not to mention with your card at 760/865, yer core clock is a weebit higher than the 7900 in there that's at 710/900 ;) So like I said, that's impressive I think.

What's with people not putting down their resolution, and game settings? I ran my F.E.A.R v1.0 @1280x1024 everything on MAX [4xaa n 8xaf] (Soft Shadow Off) w/ results.....

I really thought putting instructions would make this idiot proof too. LOL

SET IT TO MAXIMUM MAXIMUM, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING and click TEST SETTINGS ;) We're running it at the same standard so that EVERYONE can participate, even people with crappy ancient monitors like OCNewbie ;) LOL

OH and Old Guy has been added, that makes our first Conroe entry I believe. Very nice ;) Can't wait to see yer SLI results hehe hope you whip my butt cuz you should. :D

sorry.. i think my first run was with ccc overdrive set to 690/790 ;)

but that wasn´t stable because of the fan not blowing on 100%...

so here is my "legal" score with an ATITool oc of 680/800 (fully stable with annoying stock cooler blowing at 100%):

Minimum: 50

Average: 107

Maximum: 343

fearcf680800ts0.th.jpg

MadDias - AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.8GHz - 2GB G.SKILL HV @ 511MHz, 3-3-2-8-1T - ATI X1800CrossfireEdition + X1800XT 256mb @ 680/800 - DFI Lanparty RDX200 CF-DR - SAMTRON98PDF 19" CRT

i´m still 50MHz on the gpu and 30MHz on the gddr apart from my single card clocks...

This is a great result... :) well done MadDias

I really thought putting instructions would make this idiot proof too. LOL

SET IT TO MAXIMUM MAXIMUM, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING and click TEST SETTINGS ;) We're running it at the same standard so that EVERYONE can participate, even people with crappy ancient monitors like OCNewbie ;) LOL

OH and Old Guy has been added, that makes our first Conroe entry I believe. Very nice ;) Can't wait to see yer SLI results hehe hope you whip my butt cuz you should. :D

Hope yer sittin' down when I post cuz I burst out in a joyfull gut bustin' glee when I saw the results :) I was close to 200k in AM3 before one of my 7900gtx's bit the dust after my 3.6ghz OCDB entry...so for fun I'm gonna post a screeny of my SLI 3.8ghz results as well as F.E.A.R....should put anyones qualms about Conroe in a very deep spot in the ocean :P I loved my AMD rigs but...well...look at the numbers. They don't lie and I can tell you F.E.A.R. runs and looks perty damned bitchin' heheheeeee...

OG