Sign in to follow this  
CharmedLover84

Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

With that PSU, you should getcha a 8800GTS and be happy with your video performance for the next year ;) Betcha you could find some sorry sucker willing to pay 300+ for your current card too LOL I did for each of my 7900s, got a total of 688 bucks off of the two of them.

I got this psu from a buddy for a REALLY good deal. I have toyed with the idea of an 8800, but I've got to wait and see what the r600 does.. If it's not much greater than the 8800 cards, and the 8800's price goes down, than I'll be all over one :)

Guest MadDias

finally got my new radiator and now both gpu´s are watercooled. i´m back to my old singlecard overclocks even a little higher because of the as5 i was useing instead of the crappy paste that came with the waterblocks.

well... new radiator, new waterblock... i thought why not cut off the ihs and get my opty a little cooler too... i shouldn´t have done that. now i can only use a single stick of ram because i must have cut thru something.

i´m hopeing that my new cpu will arrive soon after christmas.

here are the results with 1gb ram but higher gpu clocks:

1024x768 no vsync

fearcf723850fd9.th.jpg

62/126/371

MadDias - AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.8GHz - 1GB(one stick) G.SKILL HV @ 511MHz, 3-3-2-8-1T - ATI X1800CrossfireEdition + X1800XT 512mb @ 732/850 - DFI Lanparty RDX200 CF-DR - SAMTRON98PDF 19" CRT

1600x1200 no vsync

fearcf7238501600x1200vw6.th.jpg

34/77/201

Wooo nice run there Mad! You really had me scared on the max/max run. But you still trounced me pretty good on the 16x12 run. 2 x 1 older gen cards SLI/Xfire always seem to scale better up the resolution ladder than the single newer cards.

You probably smoke me in 06.