Sign in to follow this  
CharmedLover84

Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

Yeah, it's just like Charmed's run. 16x12 with all other settings on MAX

Anybody else seeing the general formula for the scores with high resolutions?

MINE:

X = min = 30

2X = average = 60

4.5X = max = 135

That's real close.

Charmed's:

41/ 82 / 184.5

How do you guys get such high fps? SLI is enable, Vsync is forced off, what am I doing wrong that I can't keep up with you guys..... :(

Min=39

Average=82

Max=148

SLI of two 8800GTXs on any non full-speed (16X SLI) motherboard, let alone with a non-Conroe/FX-74 setup, is not going to score well, because it's more of a bottleneck than it is a performance boost.

I disagree.

SLI itself is a huge bottleneck on the processor even for X2s at 3GHz.

Add to that the fact that the 8800GTX in SLI should have full bandwidth (32x total) and DDR2, yer talkin' about trying to shove a 5" diameter dildo through a 1" steel ring. It ain't gonna happen.

DaddyD302

What you are experiencing is probably a driver issue. Results similar to what you are seeing is posted all over the net. It doesn't seem to matter if the cards are run in slots that have a full x16 bus or not. Practically everyone with SLi is reporting below average performance.

^Sounds probable to me

Thaxz, What are you're vreg temps looking like on that card? I am seeing upwards of 70C while under load, and I have got a 120mm fan a couple inches from the sinks.

The gpu itself never really get's past 50C on water though.

Well, right now my water's not working so hot in its temporary set up so I see 70C loads. It used to be around 55-60C at 760Mhz. My regs usually sit in the 70's with a 92MM fan a few inches away.

Guest DaddyD302
DaddyD302

What you are experiencing is probably a driver issue. Results similar to what you are seeing is posted all over the net. It doesn't seem to matter if the cards are run in slots that have a full x16 bus or not. Practically everyone with SLi is reporting below average performance.

Why yes, I have heard of that as well. People with SLI and the performance is barely better then with just 1 card. I'm kinda stuck till Nvidia comes out with better drivers, and AMD comes out with faster cpu's....No I won't be switching to Intel anytime in the future.