Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

CharmedLover84

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I've been wanting to post my screens up, but when I try the bimg tags, it just shows the [bIMG]link[/bIMG] and not the thumbnail.

Just upload to Imageshack, it gives you direct forum code that you just copy and paste.

I can make a manual for that too if you like ;)

That works, thumbs aren't necessary I just prefer them, but links are fine too as they're the same thing, just without the thumbnail for the link ;) I'll addja probably tomorrow as I need to get some sleep, gotta get up for work in 5 hours ::blehs::

Nice scores by the way. Wish I could get my card to hit 127 or above again, dunno what the hell I did wrong but my PC4800 won't perform like it used to and as a result, I can now hit 125, and not a FPS more. Even though I'm now at 2.95GHz instead of 2.94 (which is what the 127FPS test was run at)

Cool. As soon as I get my new PSU I'm going to start overclocking the video card and processor. So there may be some revisions neccasary ;)

Thanks, I am quite happy with theese scores, and I just bought the ram, (upgraded from 512mb) so I am toying around with stuff. I am impatiently awaiting a pc p&c 850watt psu, as I am not wanting to OC at all with this psu.

The specifications are listed in my in my signature for the Expert.

http://www.rigshowcase.com/img/257FAdnZ/7449.jpg

Feel free to post specs of the system you ran those on, with the links, and then I'll be more than happy to list you ;) Need to follow the format just like everyone else. Thanks. And now there's a thought, running it on minimum minimum... I should do that when I reinstall my second card for SLI just for laughs. Wonder how ridiculous my frame rate would be.

And Thraxz, I would have to disagree with you. I've tested several different setups with SLI and without on FEAR, and I've see number spikes with single cards, and SLI, that are ridiculous, just because the RAM bandwidth was increased, or the CPU was increased.

FEAR is a lot like AM3 though in that increasing anything does seem to boost performance. Boosting your GPU clocks will get you extra frames, boosting your CPU will get you a lot of extra frames especially in SLI because you're widening the bottleneck, and increasing ram speed will make a good bit of difference too (as I think I proved quite well by the single 7900GTX in my Opty @ 2.82GHz/RAM@627MHz system beating my system with one 7900GTX and FX-60 @ 2.93GHz/RAM@490ish).

That's one thing SLI and Crossfire share, CPUs = bottlenecks, the faster it goes, the more they can get, the better your score, which Old Guy proved quiet effectly by piercing 200K with his when I can barely get around 124K with mine with my processor at 3G.

Personally if it weren't for it being Intel, I'd probably have me a Conroe already. And if it weren't for the X1950 being ATI, I'd probably have one of them just for the prestige of having GDDR4. Most likely I'll be getting a third 7900 sometime soon if I can find one used/cheap so that I can run SLI in this system and still have a 7900 in the other. It may be my backup but I don't want it to be a sucky one like my previous one was (3.4GHz Intel P4 HT (512x2 L2 Cache) AGP system).

And like I said, if someone would like to prove me wrong about the SLI/Crossfire thing once and for all, feel free to PM me for my address and send me your cards and motherboard, I'll be more than glad to pop my FX-60 in it with my liquid cooling, clock it to the same speeds I'm running now and give it a run around then send it back ;) That will be the only surefire way to silence me... course most likely it's just gonna prove me right. LOL ::heads to bed with that note::

Using, e6600 (stock 2.4ghz) 2gb Ocz Plat Rev.b @ddr2-800, evga 7950gt 560/1450(stock) Dfi 795x/g

On Samsung 19inch 941BW widescreen LCD

No V-sync 45 (89) 218

fearbenchnovnp6.th.jpg

With V-sync 29 (51) 61

fearbenchvhl7.th.jpg

Will repost when I OC, Peace:cool: