Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

CharmedLover84

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check it out! Cripes... this new chip is getting me to get an amazing OC out of my XTX... I don;t know how stable it is... but a higher max usually equates to a higher stable too!

LOL, like "2 + 2 = 4"... however overclocking sometimes looks like "2 + 2 = 3.14159" :rolleyes:

Grrr, I will have to wait to buy my new house before doing any upgrading... but waiting is always good, after all its only going to be a couple of months.

Old guy just lost some of his lead on me ;):

63144348tg3.th.jpg

Mowahahaha. Know what I changed? RAM is now set to FASTEST ;) only thing I changed LOL

MIN: 63

Avg: 144

Max: 348

EDIT/UPDATE: Forgot I wasn't actually running at 715/900 for the test, so I turned it up to such ;)

66144351qw5.th.jpg

MIN: 66

Avg: 144

Max: 351

Settings in siggy, will post them in the updated score on the chart too:

(66) 144 (351) - CharmedLover84 - AMD Athlon FX-60 @ 2.94GHz - OCZ PC4800 @ 588MHz, 2.5-4-4-10-1T - 2x 7900GTX XXX @ 715/900, 93.71 drivers - DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert (04/06/06 BIOS) - Dell 24" Widescreen Monitor @ 60Hz

ANOTHER UPDATE:

For those that wanna see how these babies scale, if yer thinkin' about buying'em:

1920x12004585230qk9.th.jpg

;) WIDESCREEN MIN: 48 AVG: 85 MAX: 230

Old Guy, crank yours up to Max/Max then set the reso to 1920x1200, I wanna see how much you kick my butt on that one :-D

Well I've only managed about 780/1746.... that cannot pass 3dmark06 but can be played at 16x12 with all the goodies on at least long enough to finish the Lost Coast level (not the bench... me actually playing through it which is considerably longer). That's not stable, but it's a damn nice MAX OC. HL2 lost coast with 16x12, 4x/16x, and full HDR benched at over 130FPS average.

Still only 115 average on the FEAR.

Oh well. From what I gather I've got a damn nice card. Supposedly not many of them reach full stability@ 760 and 1.5vgpu. I'd really really like to get an XT on nearly the same calibre and Xfire but alas, that is not to be since I have to dump more money into a new board when I fancy one. Then, look out for the Conroe unleashed.

And people say FEAR isn't that hard on computers anymore...

I have a challenge for anyone out there that thinks this :-D Turn the game up to Maximum/Maximum, THEN, turn your resolution up as high as your monitor can handle.

Once this is done, go to your NVidia or ATI settings and turn your hardware Anti-Aliasing as high as it will go (16X for me) ;)

You will see some serious ..

My score @ 1920x1200 with 4X in game AA and 16X Hardware AA:

Min: 8

Avg: 16

Max: 80

I have to say, it looks awesome but um... can't play at that low of a FPS rate LOL I may try turnin' down the reso to 1680x1050 and maybe the AA to 8x hardware, 4x in game... cuz damn that much AA looks sweet ;)

I'd love to see how bad it'll cripple Old Guy's system ::Goes to private message him::