Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

CharmedLover84

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, Thraxz... yer forgetting one important thing.

Most likely, they're running it with HDR and HDAA ;) Yer card, correct me if I'm wrong... can't do that.

Just a guess... however, also need to pay attention to their ram verses yours, ain't yours pretty high in crap? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't thinke PC2-6400 is very high end :-D

Maybe it's just buggy readouts cuz of the motherboard? They ain't exactly DONE releasing the motherboard they used ::shrug:: Either way, why would they lie? LOL I think most likely regardless, the 8800 is going to be a helluva beast... it's just ridiculous all the crap they're stickin' on one card, I'm going to want to see some heat readouts among other things before I buy, but I'm waiting a month after release regardless so the prices will drop from (most likely 600ish) whatever they start at to regularlyish (around 400-500). Then I'll sell mine and buy one. 'specially if I can get the same performance outta one as I'm gettin' outta my two now, which seems most likely will be the case. Or at least damn close.

I agree the 8800 is a superior card. But the numbers they give (and the percentage gain they claim is dubious at best.) I ran it again with a few different settings... take a look anyhow even if it is comparing crabapples to caramel-coated apples. This is AA on top of AA with AA and full HDR dressing. I've never seen such smooth lines before... maybe I should start gaming with these little goodies on.

bull craphe0.th.jpg

bull crap2ap3.th.jpg

bull crap4vk4.th.jpg

I can't wait to see the real benchmarks... which in my opinion are Oblivion and FEAR ;) nothing else really matters to me as I either 1: don't play it or 2: will never play it cuz I hate it (Half Life 2) LOL

If it gets ... oh say 40FPS in Oblivion or more, I'll definitely definitely get one... but the 11K in 06 sold me already, even if that was with a Conroe, I imagine even an FX-60 will be able to squeeze 10K outta one card, and if not... well that's what my opty/PC4800 is for :-D

Almost back to your former glory ;)

I'm sick of this god damn motherf**king piece of s**t. I'm swappin' out for the Opty almost definitely tomorrow... At least I know that darn thing ain't stable in this board yet, I'd rather deal with that than this stupid thing where if I change one setting it decides it's gonna be stable in 03 but not stable elsewhere. Sick of it. Sorry for the excessive cursing but I'm so pissed off I am now going to have to sit here for another hour before I go to bed because I'm that ticked.

It clear to me that core2duo is much better at Half Life 2 than AMD was. the new chip definitely gave me more FPS... even at stock.

How much better?

I read everywhere about how much the Core2Duo processors loose all their advantage with AMD at games... however the advantage still exist, but not as great as with plain software aplications.

Also is it true the Quad-Core cpu's from Intel are going to be released on November 17th??? Would the regular motherboards that support Conroes support these new CPU's?