New Egg rocks

red930

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newegg ROCKS the pants off of ANY and all other online Computer parts vendors. PERIOD STOP. And over the years I have bought something from most of them. I really don't even have any horror stories with Monarch or ZZF. Although Newegg refunded customers bucks in the SOYO REBATE RIPOFFS a couple of years ago. WAY above the call of duty. (wish I had bought that board from NEWEGG rather than ZZF)

When I complained about the Antec P180 case that was defective? Newegg credited me $15.00 for shipping and gave me an RMA. I repaired the case myself and newegg hasnt debited my card for the $15 to date.

When I saw OPTY 165s for $160 ea, just a few weeks after I had bought 2 for $250 each, I politely whined. They credited me $25 off my next order. Not much, but again, above and beyond the call of duty.

Shipments come from Memphis TN or Edison NJ if its in stock there, rather than WAY across country from CA to me in SC.

Newegg would have to be bought out by SOYO or worse, and really take a downward trend, before you could get me to not recommend them, WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

The fac that Newegg is no longer acceptting paypal will probably cause me to look at other online retailers.

I can realte to that. Though Newegg is large and reputable enough that I don't need to use PayPal there to feel secure. I will only purchase from smaller retailers that I have never heard of or anyone else has either that accept PayPal as an alternative. PayPal sides with the consumer by default so it is very secure indeed.

boo

As for Newegg’s new website layout, it’s better than the old one. Searching for sub categories is so much nicer and easier, but in reality, it does look and work very much like the old layout.

This thread reminded me of an item I returned back in August. I’ve still not received the refund. Guess it’s time to send them a reminder.

I don't see what the problem is with the "new" layout...go there a few times and you are used to it. I go there several times a day and see no problem with the changes they have made...

Finding what you want is uber easy on the Egg...you guys are just too damned hard to please I guess.

They've been sending out Hat, T-Shirt, and Lic Frame to everyone that wrote a "Testimonial".

Check right hand side of Main Page.

Just did that. Now it has to be approved, and my gifts will be on their way. Scheeze! I never do stuff like that. What just got into me?