New Egg rocks

red930

the new layout isnt really any different than the old

all of hte old options with drop-down boxes etc are STILL there, and not really that hard to find.

they have the best e-tailer customer service in teh world as far as I am concerned, and they get 85% of all my hardware-buying money (the other 15% typically goes to SVC.com)

the only thing that i hate about newegg is they use UPS now, and UPS is the absolute worst (except when SVC ships through them...for some reason it's just like FedEx was with Newegg when newegg used FedEx)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Werd on the Newegg service. Theyre shipping kinda sucks, but they have the best customer service and makes sure you're happy.

I used to like Zipzoomfly, but their shipping sucks now. It used to be free 3 day shipping, now its up to 5 or something.

Now Tiger Direct. I got a bone to pick with them a$$holes. They usually have the lowest prices, but they're CS sucks. They're rude and seems to be in a hurry. Did I mention, idiots? Kinda like Dell's and SBC's CS. Anyway, I bought a 6600GT this Feb with a rebate and still haven't received it yet. They kept saying they don't have it, and I keep faxing my copies over. They were synoumous with this kinda practice and eventually were sued, but . they still suck. Never again will I recommend TD. One bad exp is all I need.

I'd say over 90% of the orders I've made with them over the years have been packed and shipped on the same day they were placed, whether I paid the additional charge or not!

I'll agree with ya H_G about the switch to "Brown" for the shipping!

I just bought a PSU from them a few weeks ago, and it was ordered and shipped on a Friday, with free 3-day shipping. It made it to Louisville,Ky. by Saturday. ("Estimated" delivery was listed as the following Wednesday.) It sat there from Saturday until Monday night, and I received it on Wednesday, right on their "schedule"! I could have easily gotten it on Monday, but NOOOOOO! "3 days" is "3 days"!

I just bought a PSU from them a few weeks ago, and it was ordered and shipped on a Friday, with free 3-day shipping. It made it to Louisville,Ky. by Saturday. ("Estimated" delivery was listed as the following Wednesday.) It sat there from Saturday until Monday night, and I received it on Wednesday, right on their "schedule"! I could have easily gotten it on Monday, but NOOOOOO! "3 days" is "3 days"!

I had FedEx do the same thing with a Newegg shipment of mine a few months back. It came in a day early, and they even put it on the truck for delivery, but they decided not to deliver it because it was a day early. Even though it was already on the stupid truck! Needless to say, I wasn't very happy about it, and they didn't tell me that on the tracking thing until late that night, otherwise I would have gone down in person and picked it up.

They also screwed up a shipment I made to Canada last month. They told me I was missing papers that they never said I had to print out, after I had shipped it and it was an hour away. I cancelled the shipment and it took like 4-5 days to travel that hour back to my house. I was only able to set up the shipment online, whereas with UPS I was able to do it at the depot.

What I do like about FE is that they usually drop off stuff at my house around 11-2 PM, whereas UPS is usually like 4-6:30.

Getting back on topic, I love Newegg as well. In the past 3 years, I've spent around $5k there. They're quick and have a good selection, and the couple of times I've had to deal with CS went smoothly.

Even though I like dealing with small places like SVC it iis hard to pass up nuew egg with the selection. If fedEx was the default shipper and they combined shipping it would be much nicer. It is rare not to have a package at least one day late if not three with UPS and I usualy get the package a day early with Fed Ex. The Postal Service + SVC's is faster than newegg's UPS 3 day and usualy far cheaper especaly with small items.

Blooz and n_w95482 :

I know it means nothing, but UPS and FedEx ship a crap load of packages and due to logistics many times you will not get your package early even if it seems plausible. They have millions before your package that need to get to their destination on Monday. Still sucks though, sitting there seeing your package doing nothing...

Call 1-800-PICK-UPS should be changed to 1-800-crap-UPS so that it is more realistic...

I order most of my gear from Newegg; fans, lights and appearance items from SVC. I always select FedEx at Newegg, not worth having to wait 4 extra days because UPS driver decided to deliver the stuff to the wrong address and that person THANKFULLY declined the shipment and thus UPS quickly forwards the merch back to Newegg. I live in townhomes with the garages in the rear in the basement. Three times now I have come home to a neighbor with my package explaining UPS left it by their garage door.

boo

I really like the fact that newegg won't ship to any address that's not on record at your card company. It's one of the major reasons I continue to do business with them.

I gotta admit that Brown has been doing a much better job getting my packages to me in a timely fashion since I moved. At the old house it was common to get deliveries as late as 10:00PM. At my new house, which is miles further from the Brown depot, they deliver everything by 2:00PM.

Of course this is after having a heart-to-heart talk with the area manager while she looked at my delivery records with utter disbelief. Maybe she lit a fire under someones driver seat?!?!

FedEx will regularly put packages on the truck as soon as they arrive at the depot. If they are running tight on time they will not attempt delivery until the original delivery date. I get most of my stuff the same day it hits the depot even if it's two days early but sometimes the packages just take a nice ride for a day.

Let me get this straight. They give you a 50.00 credit because Unbelievably Poor Service misrouted your package? I had to chase New Egg down for two weeks to get my 12.00shipping charges back when my upgraded second day shipment came in three days.

I at times will get items from Newegg's Memphis warehouse. Being in Texas, I always will receive my order in 2 days if I choose their UPS 3 day shipping. Their CA warehouse takes 3 days. UPS shows up when they say.

Besides, once it leaves Newegg's property, you can't blame them if UPS drops the ball.

You have to use common sense. Newegg bulk ships, So if you live in Chester, Montana you might not see your item sooner than later.