New Egg rocks

red930

I had ordered 2 7900GTO's from TigerDirect originally when they looked like they had them in stock,when I checked back they had back ordered them.

I then noticed NE had them in stock,so I called TD and asked if I could cancell,they said since my debit card hadn't been charged I could.I then placed an order w/NE,but it didn't go through,that's when I found TD had placed a hold on my debit card funds.

I called NE to explain what was going on and they extended the time so I could still get the cards at the price I had originally ordered them at.

I had ordered w/3 day UPS shipping,items were shipped on the 5th to be delivered on the 10th,I checked today and noticed the package was in Illinois after it was in Mich yesterday.

Long story short,I just called NE to see what was up,the package was misrouted,so they credited me $50.00 for the snafu,so now it looks like I'll get 2x7900GTO for 450.00 shipped.

I'd probably still be waiting on the order from TD for a lot more

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want it shipped to your work, just call your bank and have them add your work address as a credible shipping address. Newegg is one of the most reliable curtious and trusworthy companies around (besides those cute little bayside shops in San Francisco). I dont care much for the new organization of their site though :-/ .

I'll agree with MACarter that the new site design sucks. I sent an email to the webmaster I thought it was so bad, if enough people do maybe they'll change it back.

NewEgg customer service is amazing. They let me send back an entire order, with an opened processor and a "Only warrented by manufacturer" motherboard with only asking why and then didn't even charge me a restocking fee.

While I hate ups cause their getting slower and slower and now you can't call and have a package held at the local terminal unless it's already there which defeats the purpose...

I still order as much as I can from frozencpu cause of their cheap shipping and since I live a 3 hour drive away feded has me my items the next day :D Or if the shipping would be something crazy, I could always drive over there and pick up stuff myself. I should do that just to see if I could walk around the warehouse someday...

Well I had to return a case and a HSF to them and in all fairness the only item that qualified not to have a restocking fee was the HSF... but because they were on the same RMA they gave me full price on the Armor Jr. too. Then the replacement case got shipped to me overnight.

That spells awesome to me.

We are all human so we are all prone to make mistakes at times.

The thing I like about Newegg is that they always try to make the customer happy even when they make a mistake.

Communication is the key here. If you feel you are not satisfied with Newegg, just call them and explain why. They will right any wrongs.

And yes, I got a free license plate cover and T-shirt.:cool:

I don't like newegg that much anymore

they site deisgn sucks

I can never find what I need (in the categories they belong) and my cart keeps getting cleared for no reason.

I would buy more from SVC but I need the selection of newegg.

and if I need cheap, I go tigerdirect, I have had no problems with tiger

also congrats to you

time to go order from newegg and SVC

their new layout sucks, but their selection and shipping is the best i have ever seen. they have processed some of my orders in a day or even less. everytime i have ordered something it shipped the next day (except on sundays).

Agreed, Newegg is the bomb pay the 2.99 extra and your order is up and on it's way faster than a speeding bullit..over 5 years running never a problem and I order a lot from them..Also order from both Tiger and ZZF all have been good with 5 stars from me anyway..