Onboard sound or an expensive soundcard?... Worth it?...

Icez84

hi - i belieave i have the pro media 2.1 - with the subwoofer -

they are great speakers period - i known Klipsh for a very long time

i have a nice set of Klipsh KG3 for my audio setup - i had them since new - about 15 years now -- i replaced just the main woofer once since i play it loud :) its amazing the sound you get from not such a big woofer to start with - so theres a new kind out now - i have to check it out - i paid mines about 120 or 140 - dont remember now - maybe 6 or 8 months ago -

Klipsh is the only way to go

Yeah, you've got the 2.1 THX Promedias. Also a very nice 2.1 set. What kind of amp are you running those KG3's off of? Are they a horn-loaded model?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah they have a horn loaded tweeter - which is cool - it has a 8" active woofer - and 10" passive woofer - and you be very surprised what they can kick out - the bass is low and tight - sounds great - every since i was a teenager - someone told me about klipsch and they were so different and sounded great -those were the first real audio speakers i got and still have them :) some have the passive woofer in the rear -

mines has it in the front so room placement isnt a issue - the ones in the rear you can adjust how far from the wall or close you like to place them for more or less punch - the amp is old school - Soundcraftsman pc800

its a 200 watt at 8oms - 300 at 4oms and stable down to 1om - i have the preample also from soundcraftsman and a Alesis EQ - Sony 300 disk changer - holds all my cd's -- i had two amps pc800 -- one i got new and one i got used about 8 or 10 years ago - since they dont make them anymore - and just last year the used one gave out - wasnt worth to get fixed really - hard to get parts etc. and pricey - so thats gone - the new one is still kicked after 15 years - :) i always get pro audio stuff - i missed my shot at a old model klipsch towers with massive dual 12" or 15" woofers - didnt have the room and i was married then too - too bad - cant find them now - they are hugh but kick butt --

nothing but klipsch for me :) i dont care what other brands are or sound like - you put a pair of klipsch with a good solid amp -

if i had to buy a amp now - the ATI is hot - but alot of money -

you cant beat the klipsch with a good amp -you need to play it loud

some megadeth :)

X-Fis crystallizer's main effect is to increase the volume by a few decibels. It might apply some treble boosting EQ as well (not sure about that).

Sure, it may make it "clearer", but its hardly through any wondrous method.

Audigy 2 cards are still available for retail at well under $100 cdn.

I'm happy with mine.

Something a lot of folks aren't aware of is that the top port on the Audigy 2 line is a multi-port. all I needed was a mini plug to RCA plug and I was able to run coax spdif to my receiver for playing music.

Selecting "enable bit accurate playback" in the audio console (for some reason this doesn't stay enabled you have to set it every time you boot... :( ) separates the music playback from gaming O/P so that only the music comes out of your amp, and game sounds come out your computer speakers.

Works great.

X-Fis crystallizer's main effect is to increase the volume by a few decibels. It might apply some treble boosting EQ as well (not sure about that).

Sure, it may make it "clearer", but its hardly through any wondrous method.

im sorry to say this like this, but im pretty sure you just wrote a whole lotta bull crap.

it aint magic. it wont increase quality. but it gives the sound a richer voice.

and btw, if it was just volume and treble, it wouldnt take cpu % when enabled.

dont just say something. i will agree it aint amazing, but stating that is just plain ...

I agree that the crystalizer adds more than just dB to the lower and higher frequencies. Although, that being said, I don't use it myself unless I'm running only 128k MP3's through the media player. I don't like the "added" definition to my lossless/wav files. It seems to add things to the music that's not supposed to be there.

Although, that is a debate in itself I'm sure, I choose not to use it when I don't have to.

Oh I believe it. Those horn-loaded models are still honored for there great sound reproduction even after this many years of availability.

Nice to see another Klipsch fan on the forums. :P

I had bought a set of the LaScalla's when I was about 18,paired up w/a 120w Luxman receiver,I could shake the neighbors china off the shelf w/volume at 3/4 LOL

Among the best sounding speakers I ever heard,except the K Horns,lifetime warranty as well

I had bought a set of the LaScalla's when I was about 18,paired up w/a 120w Luxman receiver,I could shake the neighbors china off the shelf w/volume at 3/4 LOL

Among the best sounding speakers I ever heard,except the K Horns,lifetime warranty as well

Nice, I'd love to have a pair of those or some Cornwalls. Unfortunately even to this day a pair of either can go upto $1,000 (which I cannot afford) and I also don't have the space for such large speakers.

I bet they sound fantastic.

I actually had 2 sets,the 1st someone stole my whole system,which got covered by my homeowners policy at replacement cost.

The 2nd I bought used for $500.00,those speakers sounded so good they'd make you cry,I still go around saying "What" a lot