Sign in to follow this  
kbruno

Memtest error after 13 hours

i got an error on memtest on test #7 after 13 hours and 20 passes...i have ran Prime95 dual instances for 12 hours, OCCT, SuperPi, and recieved zero errors on all.....im only OCing my RAM from 200 to 208 Mhz...i guess i am confused to why that would be a problem....

250 x10 1.375 x110%

CPU-Z only has it at running at 1.456v not 1.508v? maybe not enough Vs? I changed it to 1.45 x 104% and CPU-Z says it runs at 1.456 not 1.508....

RAM 2.6v

166 divider

Manual set to stock speeds of 3-3-3-8....

any advice? i think its voltage but i dont understand why 1.513 wouldnt be able to OC it that small of an amount.....should i try getting tighter timings on my RAM anyways...is CL3 bad news?

I believe we have the same memory kit (see my sig)... Sig doesn't show my current OC, but I'm running @240 3-3-3-8 1T 2.8v (2.83v is what MBM5 is reporting). I would suggest bumping up the voltage to 2.7 and then 2.8 and see what happens, because that memory should be able to go a lot higher (based on my experience... but corsair really isn't the best mem to use in a DFI board based on what the people around here have to say).

ok you guy's all buy corsair or g.skill or ocz or what ever brand and pay alot money for it, i'm using stock UCCC chip samsung at 3.0,3,3,8 at 233MHz and it's very stable all the time so i don't understand why most ppl buy expensive ram and then imagine to fly with it but in real time it's not big boost but alot more money

ok you guy's all buy corsair or g.skill or ocz or what ever brand and pay alot money for it, i'm using stock UCCC chip samsung at 3.0,3,3,8 at 233MHz and it's very stable all the time so i don't understand why most ppl buy expensive ram and then imagine to fly with it but in real time it's not big boost but alot more money

I am inclined to agree.

If you notice I'm also using Corsair TWINX2048-3500LL PRO @2.5-3-2-5-1T 252MHz 1:1 on 2.8v without any issues.

Not very constructive to solving the problem, but OK....

Ok...so corsair wasnt the best idea i got it...but im not going to try and sell them and buy different ones..im going to work out this issue....i saw that the one person oc his to 252 Mhz...i know...im saying why would my memory not be able to OC to 208.33? i will try increasing my ram voltage...but i was just wondering besides the fact that its corsair and all that jazz that the memory wouldnt be able to OC that small of amount of MHz....

13hours :eek:

I ran my 10hours and that felt like 2months,

did you forget about the testing or did you intend to run it 13 hours,

most people here say to run it for 8hours

don't misunderstand me guy's because i'm also thinking about to buy better ram's because i can't OC over 2.9 but i gues with better ram it will give me more space for it, but like i see other's with their benchmark's they don't really get alot more then ppl with value ram, so ram is just important for extreme OC

ok.....so i increased my DRAM voltage to 2.7 plus .03 if not 3.2v...i run it overnight and when im at class....so this time when i got back it had run for 17 hours and and on pass 17 it had an error with test 7 (all my errors have been on test 7)......but i checked it at 14 hours in the morning and it had zero errors....i increased my voltage to 2.8 and im going to test it again...but dont you think 2.8v is high for barely OC the RAM?? also i tried to lower my CAS from 3 to 2.5....it wont even boot up..just goes to reboot...you would think that i should be able to run it at 2.5-3-3-8? and increased volts to 2.8 to see if it would boot...nothing....you would think that my RAM would be able to do some OCing......so if it went 17 hours with only one error (if i would have only let it run for 10hrs then i would have zero errors) that its ok and stable? ..........what bothers me the most is that I cant even get tighter timings past CL3....

that ram spose to work at higher clock's there must be something you do wrong with your setting's could be small thing but this make's the diference, google for it maybe you'll find something usefull to you