Sign in to follow this  
Flinty

Installing AMD X2 +4400

Hey,

I have just bought an AMD +4000 X2 939. I know there are a few threads similiar but what do I need to do if i am going for a fresh installation of windows. replacing the AMD 3000+ I have in now.

Thanks,

Scott

Ok i have read up on the subject. I know how to clear the CMOS and have got tmod's CD.

Can someone just give me a quick list of the order i need to do things in please?

Thanks for the link but it doesn't tell me anything i need to do to install an X2 CPU.

I know i need to install a new BIOS then clear CMOS but do i then install the CPU and clear CMOS again and then install windows?

Thanks guys worked like a charm

Good to hear.

What did you choose to do: a fresh install or swap it according to Wevsspot's advice?

Decided to have a clean start and fresh install Win XP. Updated the BIOS with tmods CS. Cleaned the CMOS, wasn't really bothered about it because i had never overclocked so had no settings to loose but did it. Once restarted and loaded the optimized defauklts. I then installed the CPU and installed Windows XP. then install the AMD Optimizer.

Just one small piece of advice: you should probably memtest your RAM again - just to be sure that it's going to cooperate with your new processor. Remember, new processor=new memory controller, so some secondary settings may need to be adjusted slightly...

Will do. Think I have it on Hiren's Boot Disc somewhere.

Thanks!

Look in Genie Bios and you'll find that it's included. Just enable it and at restart Memtest will run.