mem 3.5gig to 4 issue help... MB bad?

memtest gave me an error on the 3rd part of test, that I ran it again yesterday and no errors; than ran it last night and got an error in what looks like the same place but on test 6. #'s failing address 0013191a118 - 4889.6MB , good- ffffefff, bad- efffefff, err. bits 10000000, count 26, chan.- N/A. the first 2 runs of memtest were for a few hours, the last ran overnight about 12h. what do the numbers point too and why does it only show up sometimes? the 4889.6mb addy? this is out of 4 gig range no? is it pointing to one of the pci devices in the PAE... I've always thought the X-Fi card was A defective piece o crap, and has been suspect since I bought it (teach me not to listen to my synth playing musician freinds telling me not to get it).

This has been quit the expeirience, cause at the same time I've had to deal with Comcast fixing my connection, clean their junction box, fix the 4meg file limit to 8meg where I got passed up in the neighbor hood upgrade months ago. And the cherry on top, the tech guy somehow fried my linksys router, than left before I could get it to work again...the jerk. had to have field sup come out test it... duh its broken... so after a week they are reinbersing me the cost. new router yaaaaa, here comes wireless .

So, this makes me wonder could a charge run through a cable past the router and effected my machine? hopefully not the case and I will live with rgone's explanation. thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

PC go Kaput, wont start up, extra 4 wires from power sup giving nada. upgraded to 700 watt PS worked to one boot up and got toasted, keeps shuting down now before reboot, only putting out 5V etc..., got 3rd PS to try later tonight. In the process of eliminating what unit is shorting out my system and toasted 2 PS units thus far.... all 4 gig mem returned with removal of x-Fi card. how ever 200 meg of that returned after removing the front plug in unit for the x-FI... This should not be taking any memory what so ever !!! Also problems with USB ports when removing keyboard that wasn't working, the mouse stopped working too. So question is... is the x-FI shorting out sys, because I suspect it first because all the wierd noises the damn thing makes since day 1, OR has the MoBo going tits up suspect with the USB problems? Also again what is the Warenty on this board?:mad:

• 4 months later...

Well folks got new PS and been running fine, thermaltake took only about a month to return. Creative Labs took nearly 3 months returning my x-fi card back, returning right when the warranty expired. A friend and myself have determined it was the x-fi card that blew everything up, we are honestly surprised the MB lived through it... but it did... great job DFI. Browsing through creatives forums the only solutions I've seen that work are replacing capasitors and what not on the card... well thats out of my league. Needless to say the new card has all kinds of differerent cappasiters than the old one. And guess what, still does not work correctly. 7.1 sound is all Fubar and I cant even get sound out of rear speakers, there new drivers suck as bad as the card they sell for $200 that cost them what...$25 to make. DO NOT BUY AN X-FI Card... I have never seen so many complaints about a piece of hard ware in my life. 90,000+ posts in thier forums most of them negitive. I honestly cant see why Creative has not been hit with thier second class action suit. Linux and Vista peeps will be waiting a year for functions drivers thier forums say... lol Ive been waiting for functions x64 drivers for two. well, I've lost my mind and am going to buy the cheepest audio card I can find that does 7.1, and I bet it works... again DO NOT BUY CREATIVE X-FI. I Should have learned from their lies about the audigy law suit.